Notices

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 470 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
OLD:
After hearing that the boot video of the n900 could be changed I could not resist in doing something alternative for the community. I have no idea where this video is located in the file structure but I am sure someone here can tell. I think I have rendered a correct 800x480 (xvid and mp3) video in a avi container..

UPDATE: Added dark version with new sounds! :-) also an 9hour render with motion blur so the animation is really smooth. It was worth the wait, hehe.. not quite. I removed the penguin. This theme is to dark for a happy penguin.

NEW UPDATE:
(I can't stop tweaking this.. :-)
I now know the meaning of loong render times. Made a flyby camera movement and put it on render over night. I added the components logos in the bottom (if this is a trademark issue again I will delete them) at the end of the video. Lots of After Effects stuff here.. wish I knew Blender. I hear rumours that Apple Shake (old like 2.0 or 3.0) sources was released to some companies. There is a linux version of that. I wish someone stole those and made a open-soruce compositing package ;-).

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
It works

According to Karoliina:

"As a matter of fact the hildon-welcome is fully configurable.
You don't need to remove/replace the Nokia hands animation file to add your own animation or sound to the startup. Hildon-welcome supports unlimited number of "logo animations" (either video or image+sound) in sequence. It reads all configuration files in the hildon-welcome.d folder and interprets them in alphabetical

Instructions:

1- Copy the video to /usr/share/hildon-welcome/media
2- Go to /etc/hildon-welcome.d/ and edit the default.conf file or create a similar one (the videos will play by the alphabetic order of the .conf files)

Matching panoramic wallpapers: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32407

And here are some screenshots of it:
Attached Images

Last edited by claesbas; 2009-10-20 at 00:59. Reason: added flyby video

The Following 224 Users Say Thank You to claesbas For This Useful Post:
009N, aBs0lut3z33r0, adrianp, Ahmed360, aironeous, alextootchie, allnameswereout, anidel, arachnist, Ariadeno, arjunkumar87, arono, arronchester, asys3, attila77, azz, b-man, baron von bubba, benny1967, Bingley Joe, Blaizzen, Blobster2k, bocaJ, borghal, Borreltje, bunanson, Bundyo, Capt'n Corrupt, Captwheeto, CarstenDutch, Cas07, Chapbass, chemist, christexaport, Chrome, chuchu, cjp, codeMonkey, CoreFusion, Corwin, Corwin_bg, Crashdamage, cyapalmos, Dactar, dandiesel, dantonic, daperl, davedickson, davost, deadmalc, Digbum13, Digicom, djjaku, Dousan, dzahariev, egrims, eiffel, EMAD, epilido, Estel, ezcola, F2thaK, fanoush, Fatalist, finlaybob, Flandry, flya320, frals, fusi, g0dzilla, goodfellabk718, guaka, gviterbo, Hagbrain, halfdreamer, Haus3r, hqh, HRZ, ioan, JayOnThaBeat, jaywink, jc7ven, jmc8501, joppu, Joseph9560, kdrozd, kerneld, khg, Kilian, kopele, kopte3, Kozzi, labra, Lacedaemon, lbt, lcuk, Leachim, Le_Petit_Lapin, linuxeventually, lmf, lookatbowen, luckyb, luisc, makel, manda, manjingo, manzn, mark01, Markkyboy, Matti, mattiviljanen, maxximum, mdengler, mdl, mece, michaaa62, mikerobe, Milhouse, MINKIN2, MortenCB, mrsellout, mscarrot, mveplus, mykenyc, mzanetti, N900L, n900_ag, nad6234, ndi, nicholes, niklas87, nikul.padhya, Nokiuss60, Nozu, NUTNDUN, NvyUs, optimaxxx, OptX, OranAgra, ossipena, pagesix1536, Palleman, panjgoori, pantera1989, Paranoxe, peppe78, peyo, Pfuh3z, pillar, pisthpeeps, Psymastr, pyrolupus, Pyrran, q8phantom, qole, Quindor, R-R, rcull, Reggie, reviver, rigo, sachin007, SakkeMO, Sasler, SASO1600, scribbles, Shanezlar, shuairan, sifo, sixwheeledbeast, sjgadsby, skalogre, solideogloria, Soulfarmer, southwalesboy, stara, strange1712, stryker9, Stskeeps, SubCore, suzuka, talmage, tavellan, te37v, Team C, techno2001, tele, thecursedfly, theflew, thp, timoph, Tinnet, tissot, tomassey, Tomaszd, tpheiska, tuminoid, tycho, ukki, v13, v2px, VDVsx, Venemo, viegas, vkv.raju, VulcanRidr, wcshin80, wheatbisc, Wikiwide, woody14619, wow23, X-Fade, XenGi, xtreemneo, yerga, Yorky, ysss, yurka, zdanee, zehjotkah, zerojay
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,065 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
This is awesum!

The Following User Says Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Netherlands
I think the video is okay but certainly has more potential! Maybe make the camera move just a bit slower and have a slight bend/turn in it. That would make it even more classy I think. No clue how long the movies can be off course! :S

The audio though actually hurts my ears, make it softer and nicer? Not less loud, just change the tones a bit.

The Following User Says Thank You to Quindor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 470 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Quindor View Post
I think the video is okay but certainly has more potential! Maybe make the camera move just a bit slower and have a slight bend/turn in it. That would make it even more classy I think. No clue how long the movies can be off course! :S

The audio though actually hurts my ears, make it softer and nicer? Not less loud, just change the tones a bit.
I took it down one octave and it was nice to ears :-) .. thanks for tips. The camera movement could use some nicer movement. Im not so into the animation tools so its alot of trial and error.. but I'll see what I can do..

Bravo, claesbas!

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxeventually For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
i like, i like, i like

The Following User Says Thank You to Jack6428 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,800 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
claesbas,

wow

get each of those balls with a very faded logo of the principle components.
the slogan starts with "open source" because that is why we are here.

The Following User Says Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,551 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Good stuff. Does anyone know for sure if this would actually work at startup or how to apply it?

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Good stuff. Does anyone know for sure if this would actually work at startup or how to apply it?
It works

According to Karoliina:

"As a matter of fact the hildon-welcome is fully configurable.
You don't need to remove/replace the Nokia hands animation file to add your own animation or sound to the startup. Hildon-welcome supports unlimited number of "logo animations" (either video or image+sound) in sequence. It reads all configuration files in the hildon-welcome.d folder and interprets them in alphabetical order. "

Instructions:

1- Copy the video to /usr/share/hildon-welcome/media
2- Go to /etc/hildon-welcome.d/ and edit the default.conf file or create a similar one (the videos will play by the alphabetic order of the .conf files)

Last edited by VDVsx; 2009-10-15 at 23:03. Reason: typo

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Place a properly encoded file in:

/usr/share/hildon-welcome/media

At startup, the system will play all clips in that directory in alphabetical order. The existing clip is "Hands-v32-h264.avi".
Didn't worked for me . I had to modify the file described in my the post above.

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:

Tags
boot video, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, startup video, video, yd config