Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 693 | Thanked: 2,406 times | Joined on Apr 2012
#21
Originally Posted by DJJonosound View Post
http://www.oassf.com/en/media/images/facepalm-card.jpg
This is just lumiaman all over again.


You're a bit too late. Most people have moved to sailfish now.
Not true; Americans can't because Jolla doesn't support the US GSM networks properly.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Ancelad's Avatar
Posts: 1,369 | Thanked: 2,431 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
#22
Probably I will receive moderator's punishment, but this ***** must see these words...

You say "dat png photoshop , copy paste , readjust , resize hard lyfe", you think it is very easy? Just do it! Proof your words, or you're stupid lazy troll.
__________________
Twitter: @iAncelad
Try my SailfishOS theme for Nokia N9

Last edited by Ancelad; 2014-04-15 at 03:19.
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
DJJonosound's Avatar
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
#23
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Not true; Americans can't because Jolla doesn't support the US GSM networks properly.
I said most pretty sure most n9 users are in Asia/Europe/middle east
 
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
#24
Originally Posted by denizg View Post
i am trying to push the community to produce more and more. I couldn't give a damn if the vanilla meego theme came out , but I want devs to get up their butts and work as hard as maemo 5 apps/
You're one of those hypocritical people who attempt to get people who are doing their best to do more. Unless you have something legitimately important to say, it's probably a better idea to not say it. I am absolutely fed up with your attitude towards the other users on this forum who are veterans of this place. I know I'm not the only one, your harsh words and blatant disrespect are bothering others as well. If I were you, I would heed the complaints of other users.
__________________
If what I said helped you, feel free to click the thanks button. He doesn't bite

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shadwblade2652 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
#25
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Not true; Americans can't because Jolla doesn't support the US GSM networks properly.
I'm pretty sure they support it to a small extent. I wouldn't be surprised if Jolla was able to release a small fix that increased usability in the U.S. I actually do know people who have N9s, who Jolla phones in the US is a possibility.
__________________
If what I said helped you, feel free to click the thanks button. He doesn't bite

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)
 
Posts: 693 | Thanked: 2,406 times | Joined on Apr 2012
#26
Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 View Post
I'm pretty sure they support it to a small extent. I wouldn't be surprised if Jolla was able to release a small fix that increased usability in the U.S. I actually do know people who have N9s, who Jolla phones in the US is a possibility.
It works with baseband, but not with 3G or 4G, which means that as a smartphone the functionality is rather limited unless you're in range of wifi. And because this is a hardware limitation (the chipset doesn't support the necessary frequencies) the smallest fix Jolla could provide would be to release an entirely new phone with a different chipset.
 
kapu2's Avatar
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 225 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
#27
Originally Posted by denizg View Post
i am trying to push the community to produce more and more. I couldn't give a damn if the vanilla meego theme came out , but I want devs to get up their butts and work as hard as maemo 5 apps/
the N9 is a phone from 2011 that launched DEAD ON ARRIVAL. the fact that there are still as many active developers for a DEAD OS three years on is already a feat in itself. if you're looking for a platform with hundreds of active developers you need to point yourself towards Android or iOS.
 

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kapu2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 546 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
#28
Originally Posted by denizg View Post
i am trying to push the community to produce more and more. I couldn't give a damn if the vanilla meego theme came out , but I want devs to get up their butts and work as hard as maemo 5 apps/
What things are you missing on your N9? You keep complaining that there is "nothing", but what is it you want?
 
pichlo's Avatar
Community Council | Posts: 4,665 | Thanked: 13,637 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
#29
To give denizg some credit, there are things I am missing. In a descending order by priority -
1) A resistive touch-screen with a stylus for better accuracy;
2) A hardware keyboard or at least the cursor keys (the latter very badly);
3) A swirl-to-zoom gesture;
4) A home screen with shortcuts and widgets;
5) A camera lens cover;
6) A normal SIM card slot rather than the micro-SIM abomination;
7) An SD card slot.

All except #3 and #4 are hardware limitations though. I have yet to find what apps I might want that are not available in one way or another.
__________________
In particle accelerators atoms are indeed not only touching each others. But banging together in a massive explosive orgasm.
-- nieldk in a TMO post

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-05-02 at 11:13. Reason: Strike out #3 as the N9 has pinch-to-zoom
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 546 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
#30
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
To give denizg some credit, there are things I am missing. In a descending order by priority -
1) A resistive touch-screen with a stylus for better accuracy;
2) A hardware keyboard or at least the cursor keys (the latter very badly);
3) A swirl-to-zoom gesture;
4) A home screen with shortcuts and widgets;
5) A camera lens cover;
6) A normal SIM card slot rather than the micro-SIM abomination;
7) An SD card slot.

All except #3 and #4 are hardware limitations though. I have yet to find what apps I might want that are not available in one way or another.
Spoken like a true N900 owner!
I recently bought an 808 Pureview (as a secondary phone), and I find that going back to a homescreen with widgets is not as rewarding as it was pre-N9.
I have never experienced the "swirl to zoom" that I have heard so much about. Is it really better than the double tap?
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:23.