Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by oay_usman View Post
hi , i need some help from you guys , my mobile(n900) is stolen . i m living in Qatar . is there any way that i can track the location of my mobile . plz help
only if you have already taken the steps in this thread to install tracking software

however, and this requires cooperation from the police, ISPs and mobile operators (who may or may not understand or care)...

if you know the IMEI of the device then report it to the various mobile/cellphone operators and they will be able to bar it; also report it to the police and they may subpoena the mobile operators to see if the n900 has been used as they will be able to track it down to a vague location which might identify a known criminal

if your n900 is set up to login to various IM and mail services then those providers might be able to give you IP addresses and times of access which could allow it to be tracked to a specific location

thanks man for replying . i have reported it to police and they have found that person who has stolen the mobile and tomorrow i will get my mobile . thanks again for replying my post .

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by oay_usman View Post
thanks man for replying . i have reported it to police and they have found that person who has stolen the mobile and tomorrow i will get my mobile . thanks again for replying my post .
That's some efficient police you've got there.

You might want to take a look at installing this when you get it back - just in case you're not so lucky next time.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
I started a project that includes a GSM module. reading the documentation I found commands :
AT+CIMI Execution command returns the value of the Internal Mobile Subscriber Identity stored in the SIM
AT+CNUM Execution command returns the MSISDN (if the phone number of the device has been stored in the SIM card)
AT+COPS? Read command returns current value of <mode>,<format> and <oper>
AT+CSCA? Read command reports the current value of the Service Center Address to be used for mobile originated SMS

with this informations colected with a script and with gsm company help may lodge a complaint at police and they can go straight to the jackass door

Last edited by blue_led; 2010-04-21 at 19:46.