Active Topics

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
Today must be the saddest day in maemo history
after this update or this PR1.1 death trap really what the F
I'm I the only one looking at the Active Topics? its crazy, good thing
this site is not linked to Gizmodo or Engadget it would not look good at all, sorry I come as a big dick but for $500 2 $600 maemo shouldn't have these screwed up bugs,
yes bugs in the updated this is just f*cking dumb someone should be
FIRED!!!!!!!!

... Are we reading the same forum? Yes I see some problems... but the overwhelming majority of posts I have come across the update worked, and people complain about certain things they were hoping for not there - or several people saying that the device is now the device they had thought they bought originally. And many others saying Nokia did this one right with the wiki entry, announcements in 2 or 3 places, and other things.

So... huh?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Worked fine for me, I don't know what you're talking about.

Perhaps you should calm down instead of freaking out and ranting, it's a whole lot easier to solve problems when you aren't unreasonably angry.

It also doesn't hurt to keep in mind that on forums like these, generally the only people who are going to pipe up are those with problems. I haven't said much of all, and I'm guessing nor have the majority of users.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
I updated mine and havent had a single bug all day. I think the new update is great, and everything feels much better. I noticed most of these bugs happened to people who flashed their n900's, or used NSU. I updated mine OTA and it went perfect. Everyone who updates OTA seems to be okay.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hmm. I assume that you haven't read threads. Do you refer to bricked devices and problems with free space for upgrade. I would roughly say that in 80-90% of cases reason is that user has downloaded/installed something form extras testing/development without realizing that after pressing button he/she is on way to reflash in near future.

There is worrying amount of people who have used NSU and their device is bricked. But who really knows what is the problem there.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
What is apple?

Update downloaded fine, installed fine, no complaints about me only having 47mb of space free on rootfs (had 49 on restart), restarted just fine on it's own and I have to agree with some of the other posts, everything feels snappier - not in a placebo way, literally the graphics seem to keep up whereas they must not have been before.

No problems with installation, no bugs I can notice yet--

I'm thinking most of the people with problems just don't know how to use Linux and browsed the forums and tried all sorts of crap out on their phone (possibly even stuff suggested from the older Maemo versions) and find their device doesn't work all that great. They say only enable extras-devel and testing if you know what you're doing for a reason. A _very_good_one_.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
What is apple?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
What is apple?
I think they make the Newton tablets.

NSU has bricked phones doing firmware updates on ALL Nokia devices in the past. This is nothing new with countless N97's bricking half way through updates. The OTA function is a much safer option and this seems to be one of the first phones that supports such major updates OTA. If this was an N97 receiving an update of this size, I'd of been extremely worried about using NSU.

NSU = Fail.
OTA = Win.