Here you talk about all your thoughts about MMS, Portrait Mode and front-camera support for the Nokia N900.

If you have any news about the subject you may post it here.

The Following User Says Thank You to egil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Pittsburgh
thank you for giving us permission to discuss these things, sir.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jenius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Nokia have said they will not do full MMS for Maemo 5. They are supporting a 3rd Party (currently images-only) implementation though.

Nokia have said they will not do Full Portrait Mode for Maemo 5. They support any 3rd Party app that wants to go portrait by itself though.

Nokia have avoided questions regarding full support for video calls. They do support use of the front camera through APIs for 3rd Party apps though.

Astute readers may be able to sense a pattern in the above. Non-astute readers should consult the wiki page set up specifically to soothe their troubled minds.

You may now reply with either uproarious disgust, flabberghasted incredulity, some kind of veiled threat to never purchase Nokia again, or a combination of all three.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
Nokia have said they will not do full MMS for Maemo 5. They are supporting a 3rd Party (currently images-only) implementation though.

Nokia have said they will not do Full Portrait Mode for Maemo 5. They support any 3rd Party app that wants to go portrait by itself though.

Nokia have avoided questions regarding full support for video calls. They do support use of the front camera through APIs for 3rd Party apps though.

Astute readers may be able to sense a pattern in the above. Non-astute readers should consult the wiki page set up specifically to soothe their troubled minds.

You may now reply with either uproarious disgust, flabberghasted incredulity, some kind of veiled threat to never purchase Nokia again, or a combination of all three.
Actually, Peter said he did not want to speculate on unannounced features when I directly asked him about the front facing camera.

http://mobiletablets.blogspot.com/20...ith-peter.html
(question 8)

The Following User Says Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Can you please name any apps which can use the front camera for chatting. eg yahoo,skype. And can you also tell me where to look for it.

thank you

any apps for MMS messaging? even if its just for images? if there is, please show me the link.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Originally Posted by robbersoul View Post
any apps for MMS messaging? even if its just for images? if there is, please show me the link.
Search the forum for fmms. Its already developed and working.

The Following User Says Thank You to superg05 For This Useful Post: