The hammer solution worked very well ..Thank you guys

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
irregardless of the advisability of this solution, what we have here is clear proof that N900 is the most dearly loved device out t there. i'm 'guilty' of this love too, lol

that said, hammering might make a positive difference at first, for a certain period of time.. but it's effects will disappear with time. the hammer method doesn't fix the underlying issue.

personally, i would suppose a good fix will involve some reflow attempts of the sim reader. then again, we have some professional EE's here.. what's their conclusion from this?

It's working!!! Thanks a lot!!! I don't need to change my love phone

I changed my sim card : Nothing
I did a hard reset of my n900 : Nothing
I used a hammer : WORKING

Last edited by rayoub; 2012-09-18 at 01:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rayoub For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
did hammering bus still not working

it was only working for few weeks. Now, it still in problem

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Didn't work for me. Afraid to hit it any harder!

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Just resolder the sim-connector, if you use a hammer you will only make the problem worse in the long term.

The Following User Says Thank You to XiliX For This Useful Post:
Neither hammering or paper/extra sim worked for me. The SIM holder/connector is not the problem.

Macey, search for more threads on this topic - there was a good fix (by youngblood IIRC) that worked for me for about 6 months. Unfortunately it requires disassembling the phone.

It was only a matter of time before my phone started misbehaving. I am totally to blame for dropping my phone and my kids treat it with little care fighting over who should be playing Penguin Racer

1. My solution was take a dead or unwanted sim card. Put tape over one side. Place it on top of the sim card already in it's socket. The tape stops it moving.

2. Sandwitch it in between the battery so it is pressed down. Cut an unwanted plastic credit card or store card in half, slimmer the better Stick one half of the plastic store card on top of the battery and put the cover back on. You cannot cover the entire battery, only the bottom half because of the way the battery cover is molded.

3. Because it was a tight fit and only just clips on I used a small piece of tape to prevent the case from opening.

Last edited by bacon_station; 2013-03-12 at 15:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to bacon_station For This Useful Post:
This solution:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...28#post1321128

Is much better than putting anything between sim card and cover. While it may help at the beginning, additional "bending" of PCB due to added thickness, may result in worsening over time.

While springs under EMI shield are also workaround, no "proper" fix (which would be reflow), it's still much more sane, than stuffing things under cover, or hammering randomly.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: