Notices

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
so there I am, at work, not much going down, I crack out my N900 and have a play of Angry Birds, my boss has a go and loves the simplicity of the game and nearly creams he's trousers when I tell him theres a version for his 3GS on the App Store..

Imagine my disgust/shock/horror/self loathing, what ever you want to call it, when the game plays better on the 3GS than my N900, and I mean better..

- Higher FSP
- More vivid colours
- absolutely 'no' jittering

What. The. Frak!!

Please don't go down the higher resolution route, no no no, that has very little to do with this type of game, a few animated bitmaps, governed by 1/2 a sinusoidal wave, and some basic physics at the end....

... I mean, come on.... really??

I was flabbergasted, then I had the usual iTunes Vs Ovi, discussion, which I cant defend anymore, how can you, the N900 might as well not have shipped with a Ovi link,

Sooooooo disappointed my Nokia and my N900 right now, double that up with the fact that Nokia still haven't sorted out the movie play back issues, I'm really regretting getting rid of my 3GS...

... Nokia have until the next iPhone to convince me that I didn't make a 2 year contractual mistake switching to N900, if by July my beloved N900 is still a horrid mess of unfinished beta software and issues galore I just buy a PAYG iPhone, as other devices really don't take my fancy.

http://wiki.maemo.org/General_precautions

and FYI - dont be a n00b and copy and paste commands into the Terminal with out knowing what it doe's and what you'll need to do to correct any problems.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
I have my N900 to use it as a pocket laptop. I don't really care about the phone features. I had all prev. Nxxx and I'm sure I will never own an Apple product... but I feel your pain. Angry birds works a lot better and smoother on my son's iPod touch! I quit messing with his iPod touch because on that piece of s^##^& everything works so smooth and just makes me mad.

Well......., I guess another sad story about N900.... I really like this N900 phone very much, just sad to hear more and more dissatisfy owner. After so many months since it goes public, still don't see much on ovi store and don't even have a decent useful turn by turn navigation system. My patient really start to run out with my N900.... I know lots of my other friends who owned N900 went over to Nexus One....so sad..I hope i wont be the one next.....

Originally Posted by starman View Post
Please don't go down the higher resolution route, no no no, that has very little to do with this type of game, a few animated bitmaps, governed by 1/2 a sinusoidal wave, and some basic physics at the end....
How does that change the validity of the resolution argument? The (lack of) game complexity mostly affects the CPU, whereas the GPU still has to draw 2,5 times* as many pixels to the screen.

Can't comment on how vivid the colors are in comparison, but it's not like the N900 is bad. I don't really care if it's best as long as it's good enough.

*Calculated using Almost TI. Try finding that in the App store :P

ermm i got angry birds and last week my mate downloaded it for his iphone, it looks **** on iphone compared to the n900, even my mate was like "why does it look better on your phone when its the same game" the higher res make it look much more smoother and i dont get jerks when i play.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ronaldo For This Useful Post:
I'm with Ronaldo. I had a chance to play it on the iPhone the other day, and it just looked so blocky and ugly in comparison.

The Following User Says Thank You to codeMonkey For This Useful Post:
man i prolly gonna see my mate 2moro, i'll get video or pics if i get a change lool

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ England
i third that.... ive seen it played on iphone, much better on meh trusty n900. not seen the 3gs gameplay tho.....

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
SImple answer ->

Sacrificing frame rate for High resolution,

But can the iPhone do real multi-tasking? I don't think so, you can try the app to fake multi-tasking "backdoor" or whatever it called.

Simple if you like the iPhone then sell your N900 and get an iPhone. End of story and stop complaining...

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I've played the game with both iPhone & n900 and haven't really noticed any differences in gameplay. The graphics look better on n900 due to higher resolution, but the colors feel a bit more live on the iphone, which is propably due to different coating on the screen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Exca For This Useful Post: