Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:
Maybe this was answered before - i tried to look but this is some huge thread.

I've extracted "N12_UMay.tar" into an SD partition and afterwards installed "nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc4_armel.deb". everything seems to be fine and i can boot from multiboot choosing nitdroid.

However, after android is loaded (there's the locked screen which you need to slide to open) i get many exceptions - pressing all the "close" buttons i can get to the menu and run "settings" but cannot activate WiFi - i'm getting something like "wifi error".

i also tried to extract "NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2" but also got these many errors on startup. i tried also to extract these and install "nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_7-rc7_armel.deb" but not good also.

Am i forgetting to install/setup something? i read ~5-6 guides but found nothing that i missed to do. maybe the combinations of the deb and compressed image were not compatible?

Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
Voice call soon to work in n9,

https://twitter.com/#!/drunkdebugger...84253371060224
That is good news, maybe the fix on the N9 can be applied on the N900 if they use the same/similar HAL / sound system / libraries

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
Maybe this was answered before - i tried to look but this is some huge thread.

I've extracted "N12_UMay.tar" into an SD partition and afterwards installed "nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc4_armel.deb". everything seems to be fine and i can boot from multiboot choosing nitdroid.

However, after android is loaded (there's the locked screen which you need to slide to open) i get many exceptions - pressing all the "close" buttons i can get to the menu and run "settings" but cannot activate WiFi - i'm getting something like "wifi error".

i also tried to extract "NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2" but also got these many errors on startup. i tried also to extract these and install "nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_7-rc7_armel.deb" but not good also.

Am i forgetting to install/setup something? i read ~5-6 guides but found nothing that i missed to do. maybe the combinations of the deb and compressed image were not compatible?
Try changing the power.conf and adding a bigger heapmemory
whatever to nitdroid, cannot remember the exact steps, let me look for them

Originally Posted by pablocrossa View Post
Try changing the power.conf and adding a bigger heapmemory
whatever to nitdroid, cannot remember the exact steps, let me look for them
I'll appreciate if you can find it. I also cannot find a file named "power.conf" in the entire /and tree.

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
I'll appreciate if you can find it. I also cannot find a file named "power.conf" in the entire /and tree.
I remember inside /and/etc there are several power.conf, I recommend you rename the 250-500 or the 500-700 to only power.conf, then NITdroid will boot with those CPU clocks

Then you can use SetCPU (First post of this thread) to set any additional tweaks, but I think the power.conf is enough

Finally you had to modify a file and add the line
dalvikvm.heapsize=32
or something like that, but I cannot remember the file, looking for it in all the posts hehe

I remember inside /and/etc there are several power.conf, I recommend you rename the 250-500 or the 500-700 to only power.conf, then NITdroid will boot with those CPU clocks

Then you can use SetCPU (First post of this thread) to set any additional tweaks, but I think the power.conf is enough

dalvikvm.heapsize=32
or something like that, but I cannot remember the file, looking for it in all the posts hehe
found it -> /system/build.prop

http://code.google.com/p/nitdroid-v2...s/detail?id=77

Testing it now

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
and when u will fix the telephoney erroor
this only happens when i install nitdroid also from 2 month i didnt make a call ,i just reflash and then get the same error

Last edited by zozeta2; 2012-05-04 at 17:27.

dalvikvm.heapsize=32
Didn't help - Here's what i did:

extracted "N12_UMay.tar.bz2" to a clean mounted /and (mounted to mmcblk1p3)

installed "nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc4_armel.deb" from maemo while still mounted

created a file in /and/system//etc/power.conf with the content of /and/system/etc/oc-profile-500-750.conf

edited /and/system/build.prop and changed the line:
"dalvik.vm.heapsize=20m" to "dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m"

unmounted /and and reboot - choosing nitdroid from menu.

I am still getting many exceptions during load (after UI starts)
for example: process.com.android.launcher has stopped unexpectedly (force close)
and many other errors like this.

Last edited by impeham; 2012-05-04 at 17:59.

i swear they cook our devics with these installitions and threads pulshit no working camera no calls no msgs just killing us . only wasting time ,many reboots ,many mistakes ,if u install things then other big problerm comes up like sun (erroooorrr )my hope is to see my mobile working and (on) to the next day when iam on ndroid ??? all the time off ?? what a offffffffffffffff. Maemo how do u accept users to get out of your cevlization ?? why u didnt convert to us ndroid deb file ??and to us just only install kernel for power users settings with the over clock tools ?? whyyyyy !!! come on feeel it when u press ctrl + erase putton you get out of ndroid !! then tap agian on screen so you r on ndroid . edit me how to fix telephoney error

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid