Active Topics

Originally Posted by pisarz1958 View Post
Despite my greatest efforts - really, I treat all my devices with care - I noticed that some kind of plastic coating is peeling off (or rather, crumbling) around the screen, revealing glossy plastic. It feels bad in hand and looks terrible. I assume it's just a manufacturing defect in my unit.
Have always used Brotect AirGlass upon AquaFish, which as stands slightly proud probably helps reduce wear on this part of housing. Jolla 1 just gets shinier on the corners as more matt black coating worn away.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pisarz1958 View Post
Digging up an old thread, I know, but it seemed more appropriate than creating a new one.

How are your Jollas and AquaFish phones holding up? I got my AquaFish just 4 months ago and I'm really worried about the build quality of the device (and since I'm in Europe, I doubt I could get the thing serviced/replace in a reasonable time without additional cost, I guess). Despite my greatest efforts - really, I treat all my devices with care - I noticed that some kind of plastic coating is peeling off (or rather, crumbling) around the screen, revealing glossy plastic. It feels bad in hand and looks terrible. I assume it's just a manufacturing defect in my unit.
The plastic coating is peeling off on my aqua fish too. Also random quite loud clicking noises(is it the camera like HtheB said?), sometimes speakers produce some hissing noise and sometimes heats up to crazy hot, Sometimes battery drains very fast. Gps not very reliable.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MJ m For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Have always used Brotect AirGlass upon AquaFish, which as stands slightly proud probably helps reduce wear on this part of housing. Jolla 1 just gets shinier on the corners as more matt black coating worn away.
I use AirGlass as well, it doesn't cover the bezel around the screen though. Good to know I'm not the only one who has this problem. I mean, it's not good, but at least it's not just my unit. Camera clicking noise was fixed in Iijoki, so the only random "clicking" noise I'm hearing now is the screen not being assembled properly, which doesn't inspire confidence.

I just wish the build quality wasn't this bad.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pisarz1958 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Germany
The coating gets also loose on my Aqua Fish. As the plastic underneath is black it doesn't mind for me. I think it was more difficult for Intex to produce a smooth plastic surface and so they gave it a coating. Only bad thing are the coating pieces at your desk, in your car or whereever ;-)

Next thing: The Intex logo is getting loose. I hope sometimes all letters will fall off so there will be a clean look again...

I've got a 3M screen protection. As we know, the screen is not made of glass and I think this is the first you should do when getting a brand new Aqua Fish/Jolla C.

The power Button seems to wear over time. I have to press it a bit harder to get some reaction.

Sometimes, I hear that cell modem distortion sound from the speaker. This can be an electrical fault or maybe it can be fixed by software.

That's all I think. Apart from that, I find the Aqua Fish is a nice daily phone. I cannot use LTE with Vodafone in Germany, but I don't need it. 3G is fast enough for me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hensch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
After one year with the Jolla C as my daily driver, it's still in a very good condition. I usually carry it in my pocket with no protective case.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
After one year with the Jolla C as my daily driver, it's still in a very good condition. I usually carry it in my pocket with no protective case.
It's the same for me, the only protection I use is a glass screen protector, rest of the phone is unprotected and usually in the front pocket of my jeans. Phone still looks fine, no visible scratches on the case, only a little bit off coating is missing on the edge of the backcover between the power and volume keys. (only visible if you look for it).

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Seems like I'm just not as fortunate.

I must admit I did "help it" lose some of that coating as I find it really unpleasant to feel those leftover bits, but still. My OCD is so triggered now, lol.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pisarz1958 For This Useful Post: