Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
http://www.unwiredview.com/2007/11/2...-own-sidekick/

Will it remain a Symbian-based phone? Will tablet technologies be incorporated, or will it provide another direction for the tablet to consider?

I suspect the size will be somewhat smaller than the current crop of tablets, so I'm guessing phone/somethink to kick T-mo with.

Nokia has filed a US patent on a device which seems to resemble an Internet Tablet. While it is still very early to know if this is a Symbian or Maemo-based device,Â* a device with its look and features like a camera and a touch screen, as stated in the patent application, will almost surely belong to the Nokia N-series group of mobile devices. I wonder if this will ever get approved, considering that it looks like the Sidekick, the HTC TyTN II (AT&T Tilt), and the HTC Advantage. [Thanks daveb70!]Â*
Read the full article.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
I think it will be the S60 phone with touchscreen interface which is rumored to come out next year.

What it looks like to me is what I've ranting about forever around here : an IT that's more like a clamshell Psion, with a hinge system that moves the keyboard and screen together. Yes, I know I'm a deluded monomaniac, but one can always dream :-)

PS : Hey, Nokia - BTW, there is PRIOR ART on your patent in this here forum, ya hear ? Even a photoshopped picture ! :-)

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
There's no dpad, zoom, etc buttons... I think it's a phone. While the keyboard layout is just meant to show design, if there were other interface controls they ought to have appeared in the diagram. Then again, what do I know.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Paderborn / Germany
Also the top pictures shows what I would call a typical "phone-gesture" (I don't know how to describe it better.)!

If you are planning to buy the N810, wait a few month. You'll find it with a 50% discount some weeks before the release of this new iT baby :-P

Originally Posted by amigokin View Post
If you are planning to buy the N810, wait a few month. You'll find it with a 50% discount some weeks before the release of this new iT baby :-P
No, wait forever, because there will always be something better coming out "real soon now". Then you'll never have something old!

-Jonathan

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
First there was side talking...
Now crank typing

You could "crank" out a few e-mails with that sucker I bet.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
definitely a phone, screen is way too small, why make the screen smaller, on the next IT.