Dear all, I bounght an unlocked N900 in US and used AT&T network for 6 months. It all worked well.

Now I am back to China, using the local network service with new local sim card. Since the bandwidth is supported by N900, it should all work well. But in fact, I can only recieve phone call and sms. I can't call others or sms others. I checked the setting and change it to GSM mode, but still failed.Plus I can not access GPRS of local service
Does any of you have suggestion or experience? Thank you very much.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
ahm.. not sure with this but I heard that there are different firmware that you can flash on your phone.. why don't try to flash it with global firmware since you bought your phone in US and it might be a NAM version.

Originally Posted by chase15 View Post
ahm.. not sure with this but I heard that there are different firmware that you can flash on your phone.. why don't try to flash it with global firmware since you bought your phone in US and it might be a NAM version.
There is rumor which said that if I do this, the phone will become a brick.......

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by gclz2001 View Post
There is rumor which said that if I do this, the phone will become a brick.......
That's completely false, coz I bought mine from US and I'm in Aus and everything is as it should be.. no problems whatsoever..

EDIT: BTW ya I'm using global firmware.

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2010-04-10 at 07:49.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
never heard that.. and im pretty sure that it is not true.

its not rumour. its a warning. in most cases it doesnt brick if u do it correctly

Originally Posted by UNderworld View Post
its not rumour. its a warning. in most cases it doesnt brick if u do it correctly
I will try that, thanks guys, I will tell if I fail or succeed

Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
That's completely false, coz I bought mine from US and I'm in Aus and everything is as it should be.. no problems whatsoever..

EDIT: BTW ya I'm using global firmware.
question, Do I need to flash the eMMC also?

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
question, Do I need to flash the eMMC also?
No, you don't have to.

And if the reflash doesn't solve your problem, try getting a new SIM card, perhaps yours is faulty.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Beijing, China
I live in China, and my N900 is from Finland, and I use international edition, It works great.

Tags
china