Posts: 6 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Athens, Greece
Another N900 user here!
1.3.1 works for me nicely.

Many thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to skoteinos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Germany
I need xbmcremote for Sailfish OS!!!

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Even if a fully featured Sailfish OS for N9 comes out tomorrow, without Xbmcremote (and a few others) I wont switch.

I've taken some first steps into building an app for Sailfish*. But I don't have a Jolla device (nor planning to buy one in the near feature). This means I'm looking for some input on what a "native Sailfish look" is, as I can only determine this from the sparse documentation on the Sailfish website and the components demo provided by the SDK. Furthermore I would need someone willing to test the app on a real device, as the SDK doesn't give a good impression of how it looks and feels on a real device.

I've already briefly discussed a Sailfish app with mzanetti and both our opinion is to keep the app the same as the Harmattan and Ubuntu app, with the native look of the OS. So I'm mostly looking for input on what would be the best implementation of the current toolbar, in which you can toggle between "media", "keypad" and "now playing". mzanetti and I are guessing this would be a pull down menu, but maybe there is a better solution to this problem.

*I've currently got basic host selection and connecting to the host working, without authentication, but network discovery can't be tested as the app runs in a VirtualBox hosted and NATed VM so it can't broadcast to my machines network. Besides the boring "make a connection" stuff I also already have a working cover which displays the name of the connected host and provides stop and play/pause functionality during playback. So I've taken some small steps, but the heavy lifting of media browsing, keypad and now playing still have to be done.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
I've taken some first steps into building an app for Sailfish*. But I don't have a Jolla device (nor planning to buy one in the near feature). This means I'm looking for some input on what a "native Sailfish look" is, as I can only determine this from the sparse documentation on the Sailfish website and the components demo provided by the SDK. Furthermore I would need someone willing to test the app on a real device, as the SDK doesn't give a good impression of how it looks and feels on a real device.

I've already briefly discussed a Sailfish app with mzanetti and both our opinion is to keep the app the same as the Harmattan and Ubuntu app, with the native look of the OS. So I'm mostly looking for input on what would be the best implementation of the current toolbar, in which you can toggle between "media", "keypad" and "now playing". mzanetti and I are guessing this would be a pull down menu, but maybe there is a better solution to this problem.

*I've currently got basic host selection and connecting to the host working, without authentication, but network discovery can't be tested as the app runs in a VirtualBox hosted and NATed VM so it can't broadcast to my machines network. Besides the boring "make a connection" stuff I also already have a working cover which displays the name of the connected host and provides stop and play/pause functionality during playback. So I've taken some small steps, but the heavy lifting of media browsing, keypad and now playing still have to be done.
I'm willing to test it on my Jolla device since I use various xbmc remotes all the time. As far as design goes, most native apps have a minimalist/transparent look. Your current design should adapt well.

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
Aftermarket N9s are quite cheap now, sometimes less ~100€. Why not buy one or have the community donate 5€/face to buy you one for development Sailfish installation and testing.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Eindhoven, NL
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
I'm willing to test it on my Jolla device since I use various xbmc remotes all the time. As far as design goes, most native apps have a minimalist/transparent look. Your current design should adapt well.
Same here!

As someone asked me by email for a status update on the Sailfish app I'll just update everyone here

Currently a lot of small and bigger things are finished. But some things still need to be done. Most notably I'm still putting together the last bits and pieces together for the now playing page (audio and subtitle track selection), and I still need to start working on the keypad. The other parts are mostly finished, including a fully working active cover with multiple actions depending on whether the app is disconnected, connected, or XBMC is playing, viewing item details and input support (input dialogs triggered from XBMC).

Although a lot of things are already done there is still one blocker left. Which is mzanetti reviewing all the work I have done already But as he's quite busy he hasn't come around to it yet. For those who are really eager to test it could do so, the code can be pulled from Gitorious here. This doesn't yet include the work on the now playing page as it is still unfinished and a bit buggy (the branch is on Gitorious also for those who also want to try it, but it doesn't include all the latest work of the other branch yet), and the keypad is still missing, as explained.

The Following User Says Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Will not connect to my XBMC because it's newer than v.11
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

How do you mean it's newer than v.11? You mean you're still running XBMC 11 (or older)? That's indeed unsupported. It does work with XBMC 12 Frodo and I'm guessing with 13 Gotham also.