Active Topics

Notices

Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
i haven't received any pictures, but my guess would be somewhere in
Code:
/home/user/.purple/logs/facebook/<username>/ ...
The plugin Telegram stores its pictures in
Code:
/home/user/.purple/telegram-purple/ ...

The Following User Says Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
i haven't received any pictures, but my guess would be somewhere in
Code:
/home/user/.purple/logs/facebook/<username>/ ...
The plugin Telegram stores its pictures in
Code:
/home/user/.purple/telegram-purple/ ...
Thanks! Would it be possible to see those pictures via gallery app? I tried to make a folder for those pics to home directory, and then symbolic link from pidgin photos to that folder
Code:
mkdir /home/user/MyDocs/Pidgin_pics
ln -s /home/user/.purple/logs/facebook/username/ /home/user/MyDocs/Pidgin_pics
both as user and root, but it says operation not permitted.

The Following User Says Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Yes, it won't be permitted because /home/user/MyDocs is a VFAT partition, and therefore does not support symbolic links.

Did you find the pictures in /home/user/.purple/logs/facebook/username/ ?

Yeah I found them. There is subfolders for each contact, and they contain the pictures as well as some log files. I just can't imagine a way to see them. Hidden folders are hidden () by default in the (default) file manager. So only way to even list those pics is to use terminal. Could I somehow broaden the gallery app to seek for photos from /home/user/.purple/username ? Or make a symbolic link to somewhere else which is already included to gallery app pic folders?

The Following User Says Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
do you receive a lot of Facebook pictures haha?
maybe make a script that will copy (or even move) them to a directory under MyDocs ... you can use Alarmed to setup a 'cron' job for that. Alternatively, you can make a desktop shortcut for your script and run it on demand ...

Or someone can come up with an idea for a script that will move them immediately they are received ...

Well, not that much More from Telegram actually. But sometimes the pictures contain some useful info, which is not readable from the thumbnails in Pidgin conversation window. I'd like to see the photos in fullscreen.

Making a script with desktop shortcut could be a good workaround. I'll investigate that. But, as Pidgin saves the pictures to subfolders named by Pidgin buddy IDs, it sounds difficult to make a script which copies pictures from all these folders. Especially because those folders are made when I start conversation with new buddy (or he starts, whatever). It could work for a while to make a script which just copies all .png and .jpg files from /home/user/.purple/logs/facebook to a folder in MyDocs. But after a while, when the amount of pics is larger, it may get too heavy.

@Koiruus, from IRC, here is a more elegant solution -

Code:
21:38 < Vajb> but i have solution for the guy in the forum. Just tell him to  add that imagefolder path to tracker. I did that with telegram and it works well.