Notices

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
Thanks for the awesome app. Just one issue - If I click on "Downloaded" to play local videos, it shows a banner on top saying 7 videos found and then I get an access restricted error. I did change the location of download folder if that makes any difference.
Changing the download folder without moving the already downloaded videos to the new folder will give you that errors. You can manually move them, or if you want a fresh new folder just delete the config file in /home/user/.config/nvideo/. which would clear its memory cache. I will implement a more thorough checking in the next release. Thanks for bringing that up.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Michigan, USA
Really good. this is several times faster than other clients, must be the C++.

Is there a way to stop it from loading anything on launch though? Just a blank screen with a search box. I don't really care about what's the most commented video of the day or whatever, just use it to search.

A way to search without having to open the N900 would be nice too, just add a search button on the toolbar.

The Following User Says Thank You to fwrnando For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fwrnando View Post
Really good. this is several times faster than other clients, must be the C++.

Is there a way to stop it from loading anything on launch though? Just a blank screen with a search box. I don't really care about what's the most commented video of the day or whatever, just use it to search.

A way to search without having to open the N900 would be nice too, just add a search button on the toolbar.
The search button seems unnecessary since you can just type any letter in the keyboard and a search bar will popup, this is a default way of activating the search in n900. I may add an option to not to load anything at startup in the setting.

On some videos I'm getting the errors below:

When I click to watch......

This video is only available in YouTube website.

If I click to download it I get:

Error: Unable to obtain download link

example link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIMO0eglEJA

The Following User Says Thank You to ziggadebo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ziggadebo View Post
On some videos I'm getting the errors below:

When I click to watch......

This video is only available in YouTube website.

If I click to download it I get:

Error: Unable to obtain download link

example link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIMO0eglEJA
This video is only available in YouTube website. Just like it meants
This is normal, you will run into this sometimes when youTube publisher restricted their video be viewed only on youTube website. The reason I didn't filter it out, because it might be your uploaded video as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
How can I find the most recent video sorted by date?
If I do a search for n900 the results are mixed in date when they were added.
It would be nice if it was possible to be able to sort the results from most recently added to older hits.

Looks good though, thanks

Originally Posted by datjomp View Post
How can I find the most recent video sorted by date?
If I do a search for n900 the results are mixed in date when they were added.
It would be nice if it was possible to be able to sort the results from most recently added to older hits.

Looks good though, thanks
currently it is default to order by relevance since it produce the best result for what you search for. I may implement other options in the future, but was also thinking about instant search since NVideo is fast enough to handle instant search without any problem.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Really great program, I like the UI, very intuitive. It crashes very often, though... If there is anything I can do to provide a useful crash report, let me know.

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
Really great program, I like the UI, very intuitive. It crashes very often, though... If there is anything I can do to provide a useful crash report, let me know.
I have never run into a crash for the entire month of testing and using it. I have used this app for while before release it. It would help if you describe what you did to crash and is it reproduceable?

This might seem a daft question but...
Apart from being written in C++, thus faster, what are the main feature differentiations between this and cuteTube (either version)?