Notices

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ India
this, also doesn't work with opera mobile, Nokia browser (symbian). Just downloads a .swf
and opera mini, nothing.

The Following User Says Thank You to tioubxancur For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by tioubxancur View Post
this, also doesn't work with opera mobile, Nokia browser (symbian). Just downloads a .swf
and opera mini, nothing.
it needs flash player......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Thanks for Cutetube 2.

I've installed it on my N9 and N900. Also installed the local videos plugin. On the N900, trying to look at the local videos folder, I get the error "Unable to load paths from config file". Other than the obvious literal meaning, what does that mean? As in: what could I have screwed up and where should I look for the solution?

I tried saving a video from YouTube. Looking in the selected directory with terminal or a file manager, the downloaded video is there. Stock media player can kinda play it really jerky-like. (BTW, it plays ok live in CuteTube2.)

I can also search the local videos with cutetube2, and it will find the download video and play it -- but still in fits and starts like media player.

Nevermind the playback jerkiness issue. Was due to saving web video instead of MP4. The MP4 plays fine either way.

So what should I be checking for?

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dubai, U.A.E.
I cant even install Cutetube 2. Gives some missing dependencies error. Tried everything.

apt-get -f install
apt-get update
apt-get install cutetube2

Ill post the log in a while.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
Thanks for Cutetube 2.

I've installed it on my N9 and N900. Also installed the local videos plugin. On the N900, trying to look at the local videos folder, I get the error "Unable to load paths from config file". Other than the obvious literal meaning, what does that mean? As in: what could I have screwed up and where should I look for the solution?

I tried saving a video from YouTube. Looking in the selected directory with terminal or a file manager, the downloaded video is there. Stock media player can kinda play it really jerky-like. (BTW, it plays ok live in CuteTube2.)

I can also search the local videos with cutetube2, and it will find the download video and play it -- but still in fits and starts like media player.

Nevermind the playback jerkiness issue. Was due to saving web video instead of MP4. The MP4 plays fine either way.

So what should I be checking for?
Edit. The specific error message comes from not having anything (which is the default) in the Plugins|Local videos|Directories field. If you put a legitimate directory here, then you will see the message "No videos found". There are videos there, if terminal and file manager are to be believed.

Originally Posted by BlazingBird View Post
I cant even install Cutetube 2. Gives some missing dependencies error. Tried everything.

apt-get -f install
apt-get update
apt-get install cutetube2

Ill post the log in a while.
Cutetube needs video codecs from Nokia repos and they are down. You see that "gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-extra" is missing probably when you are trying to install any video player.

Yes.. So whats the solution now. Any youtube client, the same error.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Syria - Tartus
u can get it from the backup repo site

Can you share the link here.

Originally Posted by milad ghusn View Post
u can get it from the backup repo site
Did somebody make a copy of Nokia repos? Can you give a link to wiki or any other official source please? Thank you.

Tags
youtube