Posts: 26 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
The article you are linking to is about the Alcatel aquisition and has absolutely NOTHING to do with phones.
You're right but the my original source is in Bulgarian...
"... CEO of Nokia Rajeev Suri said that the company will return to the smartphone market in 2016. Their contract with Microsoft restricts Nokia to produce smartphones until 2023, but they can release them under another trade mark..."

Last edited by noobismall; 2015-10-22 at 15:44.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by noobismall View Post
"... CEO of Nokia Rajeev Suri said that the company will return to the smartphone market in 2016. Their contract with Microsoft restricts Nokia to produce smartphones until 2023, but they can release them under another trade mark..."
Yeah right.
<shout>
Hey, everybody who's ready to pre-order an Alcatel-Lucent smartphone please raise their hands!
</shout>
Can you please tally the results? It won't take too long.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Dear lord that's hideous. Who would want a piece of plastic hovering over their display only to have it broken via simple mishandling? Not a smart design...

Nokia has aligned themselves with Alcatel. That makes any/all of their future offerings mid-tier at best. It'll carry the Nokia premium on price, but do we really even care? It'll invariably be Android based, thus a "me too" product.

And I am not interested in a "me too" product.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Dear lord that's hideous. Who would want a piece of plastic hovering over their display only to have it broken via simple mishandling? Not a smart design...

Nokia has aligned themselves with Alcatel. That makes any/all of their future offerings mid-tier at best. It'll carry the Nokia premium on price, but do we really even care? It'll invariably be Android based, thus a "me too" product.

And I am not interested in a "me too" product.
That is the old Nokia Morph Concept. Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX-gTobCJHs

For example she uses that plastic thing as handsfree. If it were a real product and behaved like that in video then you would not have need to use that plastic thing

Last edited by MisterMaster; 2015-10-27 at 17:19.

Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
That is the old Nokia Morph Concept. Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX-gTobCJHs

For example she uses that plastic thing as handsfree. If it were a real product and behaved like that in video then you would not have need to use that plastic thing
Well today, I learned something new. That's from 2008? Wow... and it also never came to fruition... imagine that.

Well today, I learned something new. That's from 2008? Wow... and it also never came to fruition... imagine that.
Well are you surprised that it never came to fruition?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_Morph

The manufacturer believed that some of the device's imagined features could appear in high-end devices by 2015.

http://www.cnet.com/news/nokia-demos...le-cell-phone/

Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
Well are you surprised that it never came to fruition?
Not at all.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
That's from 2008? Wow... and it also never came to fruition... imagine that.
More to the point, what is it doing in the "Nokia's return to market" thread?
Is this supposed to be about the past?

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by noobismall View Post
Yeah, the Bulgarian media is the most trustworthy source of information the money can buy. They are famous with their high level of technical and whatnot expertise. Also, they never use google translate to borrow a publication made on some foreign website.

"... CEO of Nokia Rajeev Suri said in summer that the company will return to the smartphone market in 2016. Their contract with Microsoft restricts Nokia to produce smartphones until 2023, but they can release them under another trade mark..."
Lemme fix the translation for you.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Yeah, the Bulgarian media is the most trustworthy source of information the money can buy. They are famous with their high level of technical and whatnot expertise. Also, they never use google translate to borrow a publication made on some foreign website.

Lemme fix the translation for you.
Well, GSM Arena is technically a Bulgarian media

Not saying that his source is trustworthy though...

Tags
nokia, nokia mobile