Suitable USB device not found, waiting,
what can i do. i'm using vista.
plz step by steb, i'm getting crazy.
thanks

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
I am also trying to flash the n900 after something going terribly wrong. and am getting the same error.

>>>
Suitable USB device not found, waiting,
<<<<

Any ideas anyone?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Keep the flasher running and try another usb port.

Ok Tried that. Windows 7 tries to install a device driver and fails when I insert the USB cable.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

I had the same problem with XP 32bit sp3. I think i restarted the system and then after maybe ten inserts the flasher found my phone. Had to cycle usb ports because after i flashed my eMMC it didn't find my phone anymore. Good luck .

The Following User Says Thank You to muto For This Useful Post:
I finally solved this by using a Win XP machine instead of a Win 7.
It took about 3 or 4 attempts on the XP machine to finally get it but I was then able to flash.

Top Tip: Have a recent Backup so that you can restore your apps and settings etc. It makes things much easier after you have flashed the device to restore the settings automatically without having to download everything manually and position all of those icons etc.

Hi,

I had the same problem: 'no suitable usb device found, waiting' (windows xp sp3).

Finally solved the problem by opening device manager and letting windows solve the problem (opening properties while my n900 was in update mode and plugged in. Windows said the device wasn't working properly and offered to fix it. And it did!) (eh?).

Anyway. It worked. Phone was flashed and boots again. Whew.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cerisara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Los Angeles
Can someone please help me with this?

One day I was using the camera and all of a sudden the camera app closed and said there was an error. I was trying to take a picture, so I turned my phone off because I figured a reboot would probably fix it. Instead, I have never been able to turn my phone back on again!

My phone is stuck in an endless reboot cycle. As soon as I put the battery in, the phone vibrates and the word Nokia displays with no backlight. Then the phone turns off and the screen goes off completely.

Next, the phone vibrates and turns back on while showing "Nokia" on the screen (this time with the backlight on). Then the phone turns off again and the screen goes off completely. This part continues repeating forever.

The dots never show. And the power button is useless. Nothing works. If I plug in a USB cable, I do get the icon on the upper right of the screen. But when I try to reflash the device I get the "Suitable USB device not found, waiting" message. I have tried my own laptop (windows 7) in regular mode and in winxp compatibility mode. And I have also tried my friend's computer that has winxp installed. Both just sit at the waiting message.

Update: While i was typing this, after the phone rebooted several times and was plugged into my friends computer, it said "Malfunction! Device shutdown in 10sec" in green letters while the word Nokia was showing and the backlight was on.

How can I get this phone flashed? I have files and contacts I havent backed up

Thank you for anyone who can help!

1. turn off the phone, unplug it.
2. get the flasher to the "waiting..." message.
3. plug in the phone. It will start to boot and (hopefully) flash.
OC freqs: 0:22,90 125:22,90 250:28,180 500:30,360 550:32,400 600:34,430 700:39,430 750:41,430 805:45,430 850:47,500 900:50,500 950:54,500 1000:58,500 1100:67,520 1150:71,520

The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieThe1st For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Los Angeles
thanks for the suggestion, but i couldnt get it to work

i got the flasher to the point where it was waiting, then i tried connecting the n900. but the computer doesnt even acknowledge that anything was even plugged in. this happens on 2 different computers. even though the n900 shows the usb icon in the upper right.

also, i cannot "turn it off". as soon as i put the battery in, the phone boots up right away and continues the endless reboot loop forever until i remove the battery. the device completely ignores the power button. the first boot has no backlight, then all the rest do. the dots that usually appear for a moment when you put in the battery never show up.

if i plug the phone into the computer, it will show the usb icon for just a moment the icon goes away, and the phone reboots. if i hold down 'u' then the icon stays and the phone doesnt reboot, but nothing ever happens. the flasher just says waiting and the phone is not acknowledged.

there have been a couple random times where the phone was acknowledged by the computer and it said "device not recognized". but i couldnt get anything more from it and the flasher still waited. i found a thread where someone suggested installing the cable drivers, but that didn't do anything. i also installed ovi suite in case that had any kind of phone drivers in it, but that didnt change anything. ovi suite also doesn't recognize my phone.

even if i cant get this to flash, does anyone know how i can at least access my files? at this point i cant get the phone's hard drive to show up on my computer. if i could at least get my files, i could send my phone in to nokia for the rest.