Closed Thread
Well,

I was looking at the mental torture by everyone over PR 1.2! When is it, where is what, what is it? A billion threads over the same topic! Darn!

So, in the spirit of sad sarcasm (at myself, before anyone else), and before 1.2 is even out (since someone will do this, for real though):

Hey! Does anyone know where is PR 1.3?! Does it have Ovi Maps 3? Does it Have Portrait Mode? I really want Portrait Mode! Is it tomorrow? When will it come out!

Sigh...

(PS: I am not laughing at people of course, I am laughing at "us" for how tortured we are waiting for 1.2 - believe me, I check 12 times a day for it - so I am included in my own sarcasm, at the absolute top of the list )) It's a lighthearted spoof of the torture Nokia is putting us through, and a "few" unrealistic demands though)

Last edited by BN900; 2010-03-31 at 23:47. Reason: addition

it better have 3D like the films now , and also it better have Twitter or something like that or i will get in a right stroop.

I want it to microwave my lunch!

And @Nibbles: 3D is rumoured by Nokia for PR 1.3 of course, but we need QT 7.6 though...

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
It should do holographic video calls, they could do it in star wars a long time ago in a galaxy far away!

.............. Please close this thread

I want it to microwave my lunch...

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
It will play HD films up to 1080p and even 3D ones at full resolution.
All the social networks will be integrated (much like Sense UI from HTC).
It'll sync calendar with Google and your own SyncML Server (they'll provide one that's open source).
Pr1.3 major achievement will be it's open sourceness.. EVERYTHING will be open (only the GSM module can't be totally open).
It'll fix GPS fix without network.

Full PIM suite and Full Office suite (OpenOffice adapted to small screen) either as viewer but also able to edit files on the go.

It'll be resolution independent and Qt will be fully supported.
Full portrait mode, updated Kernel (2.6.34) and of course much snappier than now.

It'll be released 3 months after PR1.2.

Aniello

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
since you started the thread with sarcasm let me continue with one - if it doesn't bring full potrait mode, or OVI Maps 3 or flash 10 or gets delayed, I'll sell my N900 and buy an IPhone instead

Forget portrait mode, I want DIAGONAL mode!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
PR1.3 will allowing N900 to play Playstation 3 with you and also clean your house, wash your laundry, cook for you and many more... Stay tune for PR1.3 - code name "Russian Bride"

Closed Thread

Tags
don't link it, don't post it, no leaks