Active Topics

Poll: should we extend the deadline again?
Poll Options
should we extend the deadline again?

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Thanks a lot for voting!

Here are now the final results after some mind changing corrections:
  1. #2 - keep it now as it is and finish it at the end of July 27 Votes
  2. #1 - Extend it for additional 4 weeks until the end of August and give the developers some more time 25 Votes
  3. #3 - every N950 recipient should have his chance - Extend it until mostly all devices are delivered 16 Votes
  4. #5 - extend the competition until the community is able to test the applications on a real device 14 Votes
  5. #4 - extend the competition until all categories have at minimum 3 contributions 9 Votes
I hope I missed nobody at this correction.

We have a winner, but as said this result is not committing. It should only help zehjotkah to find the best solution.

Some thoughts about this voting:
  • I could have added more possibilities for extending the timeframe for a fixed time. But I have taken only a single one for evident reasons. If we had 3 or 5 possibilities for this solution who would know if all guys, voted for 6 weeks would be fine with 2 weeks extention, too. It would have caused a more unclear outcome. So the 4 weeks was mostly a placeholder for something like 4 weeks.
  • As already discussed, there is at the moment 1 categorie with only 2 submissions (Desktop & Widgets) - so if you have something in the pipline, uncover it NOW!
  • Somebody has raised the vacation of our main organisator and leader at the first week of august. So the voting will begin already one week later, after his rest period. Closing the competition for new submissions is no problem. But are we able to avoid bug fixing and feature updates to participating applications during this timeframe?

And a additional comment:
  • Several of my personal superhero developers have voted for "stop it at the end of july" and a 100€ donator have changed his mind to this solution, too. In my opinion we should count this votes multiple times. So "stop it now" is clearly leading.

Perhaps our last years leader (kojacker) has raised a good idea for a compromise.

Zehjotkah, is closing the competition for new submissions at the end of July except the Desktop categorie possible?
I would suggest:
  • Close the competition for new submissions at the end of july.
  • Extend the Desktop and Widgets Categorie for 1 week until you're back from your vacation.
  • During this week are updates to participating applications allowed but no new submissions (except the Desktop categorie)
  • The Voting and feature freeze will begin after zehjotkah's recovery phase at the 8. August.

Doubts? anxiety attacks? Suggestions? crying fits? Beatitudes?
What about a eulogy?

Happy decision making!

Last edited by Helmuth; 2011-07-28 at 10:28. Reason: corrected July to August - thanks zehjotkah - time is running :D

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
  • Close the competition for new submissions at the end of july.
  • Extend the Desktop and Widgets Categorie for 1 week until you're back from your vacation.
  • During this week are updates to participating applications allowed but no new submissions (except the Desktop categorie)
  • The Voting and feature freeze will begin after zehjotkah's recovery phase at the 8. [s]July[/s] August.
Amen.

If nobody does have a better proposal...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, competition, harmattan, meego