Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Which app would you like to win the OTHER category?
Poll Options
Which app would you like to win the OTHER category?

Hi all, I've received reports from competitors that there may be quite a few new accounts with zero posts voting on this thread. I just want to make sure everyone understands from the rules:

Voting is strictly one vote per user. The use of multiple accounts to vote, creating fake accounts to register votes, or using other illegal means to register votes is strictly prohibited and may be seen as an attempt to defraud the poll and community. Your votes may be discounted and/or your entries disqualified if judged by the contest organiser that you have done so.
There's nothing to stop new users getting involved, thats great! But I'll be checking with the mods to make sure everything is above board

Just wanted to make that clear

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by MauricioFigueiredo View Post
N900 is an Internet machine!!! What is Internet without Twitter???? TweeGo has an advanced interface commented through all the Net (just google it). The development team is very active and performs several features asked by the community. Go TweeGo!!!! :-)
Originally Posted by Expect View Post
TweeGO, the app for N900!!
the rest is just test!! :P
Go TweeGo to win!
Originally Posted by melostrader View Post
TweeGO, for N900. wonderful...
And you three with only a single post have all together registered only to say how useful TweeGO is?

So, now the $100000 question. Are you the developer of TweeGO or the developer from the second placed program to get the developer from TweeGO disqualified?

EDIT: Okay, someone has reported before and kojacker was faster than myself. But my question is still valid.

Last edited by Helmuth; 2010-07-30 at 22:02.

Just for the sake of openness, I have received reports about both of the leading applications. I am currently following this up.

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Thanks everyone for voting, the poll is finished

We have some things to check before announcing the final results, and I'll update here and on the discussion thread as soon as we can confirm the final places.

Thanks again, will update soon

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Just for the sake of openness, I have received reports about both of the leading applications. I am currently following this up.
Just in the case both of the leading applications will get disqualified, how will this affect the Beginner Apps Voting Thread?

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Just in the case both of the leading applications will get disqualified, how will this affect the Beginner Apps Voting Thread?
If we have enough evidence to deduce voting fraud by any developer, then their app would be disqualified from the whole competition.

But that is getting ahead of ourselves. At the moment we're checking out a few weird voting patterns and accounts which may/may not be fake user accounts. Because the finished total of votes were so close between the first two apps, we owe it to the developers and those who donated to the bounty to make sure the result is as fair as we can make it. I don't expect a confirmation of results tonight (UK time), tomorrow morning at the earliest..

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Beginner Apps Voting Thread:
qexercise galloped into the lead

Maybe, there were some zero posts voters, too? Just asking.......
-------------------------------------------------------
I like qexercise, don't get me wrong. In my humble opinion, health is more important than Twitter.
The apps for which I voted in the threads (Other and Beginner) still have no chance to win (even third place) even if two leaders are disqualified.
Beginner Apps Contest is quite hidden; K9 Call received 0 votes as if even the developer didn't know about the voting thread.
Maybe, somebody advertised the two competitions somewhere (say, IRC channel) where many people didn't have maemo accounts at all. They all registered zero-posts accounts (no fraud, just many new users, who may have no N900 and judge just by descriptions and screenshots), and for some reason most of them preferred Twitter client or qexercise.

How does it fit the guidelines of the competitions and the real data accessible to moderators?

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
So heres my story about this. I do not know if its against the rules to ask a lot of friends(both at parties and on facebook) to vote for my application. All the friends I have asked have seen the program. I did not see any rules about this I just know that I could not vote for my application more then once. So if THIS IS NOT ALLOWED please remove my vote. But next time makes the rules clearer for developers if this is against the rules. And as you say "Voting is strictly one vote per user." and I can say I have NOT CHEATED in any way! IF THIS IS NOT CLEAR FROM THE BEGINNING, make the rules clear from the beginning from the start!

If you see this as a cheat please look at the maexercise or what its called as this will be a private project for the trustworthy people in the future. Do not think you can call me a cheater with no consequences...

Last edited by Lullen; 2010-07-31 at 02:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lullen For This Useful Post:
Lullen, thanks for coming on and explaining that. i'm taking the conversation to the competition discussion thread for the moment and responded to your post here - http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=526

Im still figuring this all out at the moment, if anyone would like to get involved in the conversation at the discussion thread they are very welcome.

I'll update this voting thread with news when everything settles , thanks again everyone for taking part .. we'll have everything completed and wrapped up as soon as we can

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Thank you Lullen for clearifying this.
As I am at the third place, it is difficult to
say something. But one thing I have to say.
This is a maemo coding competition,
voters should have a maemo device or at least
know what maemo is prior to make a vote.
Ok ideally a voter should be able to use
the program he/she votes for.

thank you
nicolai

Tags
coding, competition, voting