Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Which project would you like to win the System & Utilities category?
Poll Options
Which project would you like to win the System & Utilities category?

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Thought long about it... but now I've voted for NetStory.

The reason is that I have a small data plan and I have to look how much data I'm transfering during the day to keep in plan until the end of the month.

The other apps are all great. But I have already voted for ApMeFo in the beginners poll and it was a tight race and a hard decision between NetStory, QuickLaunch and Extended Call log.

And NetStory needs also a good programmed background daemon to collect the data. This are 2 great made parts and so NetStory won the race.

I don't need a second Application Manager. I in my personal opinion can't understand why it has so many votes. It's well made but should I vote for the shiniest Application or for the Application with the best Idea and benefit for my personal daily usage?

It's always a hard decision...

Congratulations to hqh and the Faster Application Manager! Our very first N900 System & Utilities Coding Competition Winner!

Nathraiben came in an excellent second with her first N900 application ApMeFo (hopefully a sign of even better things to come ) Similarly, a big well done to Shapeshifter for the excellent Alarmed which took 3rd spot And by a single vote, matrim just squeezes in and grabs 4th with the Extended Call Log...

But well done to everyone! A really great list of applications, each one of them is a quality project and you should all feel proud

We'll be in touch with the winners soon to let you know what ya get, keep checking the competition thread for updates

And thank you for everyone who voted, I hope you enjoyed the contest and got to learn a bit more about the projects.

And don't forget everyone, these are open sourced projects developed by folk in their spare time and provided to you for free! And if you liked what you seen, why not approach the developers and ask if you can get involved too!

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-07-30 at 23:14.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Nathraiben came in an excellent second with his first N900 application ApMeFo (hopefully a sign of even better things to come )
That's true... except a little thing. As far as I know (I think I read it somewhere in the ApMeFo thread before) is Nathraiben female. So I guess the feminist in her will rebel against the word "his".

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by helex View Post
That's true... except a little thing. As far as I know (I think I read it somewhere in the ApMeFo thread before) is Nathraiben female. So I guess the feminist in her will rebel against the word "his".
err.. yeah i better update that Thanks for the fyi

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Congratulations to hqh and the Faster Application Manager! Our very first N900 System & Utilities Coding Competition Winner!

Nathraiben came in an excellent second with her first N900 application ApMeFo (hopefully a sign of even better things to come ) Similarly, a big well done to Shapeshifter for the excellent Alarmed which took 3rd spot And by a single vote, matrim just squeezes in and grabs 4th with the Extended Call Log...

But well done to everyone! A really great list of applications, each one of them is a quality project and you should all feel proud

And thank you for everyone who voted, I hope you enjoyed the contest and got to learn a bit more about the projects.

And don't forget everyone, these are open sourced projects developed by folk in their spare time and provided to you for free! And if you liked what you seen, why not approach the developers and ask if you can get involved too!
Congratulations!

I voted for Faster Application Manager just because I want to replace default App Manager when I click a deb in File Manager.

I'm going to try Case File Manager and Quick-Launch.

Thanks to everybody!

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Harrr, you just saved him from an impending feminist high kick!

(Nah, it's what you get for going by the most definitely male nickname "Ben", eh? Really don't care, my mother keeps referring to me as "he" whenever she's trying to talk in English, too... )

But, wow... thanks to everybody who voted (not just for me, though this DID come as quite a surprise!), and to the other participants - me's a happy little developer with a HUGE list of new apps to play with.

And of course congrats to hqh! That was one impressive and well-deserved landslide victory! *misses thumbs-up smiley*

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathraiben For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, competition, system, utilities, voting, __fap, __man