Active Topics

Notices

@Khertan: if you are talking about MeeDav, I saw this project, but it looks like it only allows you to browse your WebDav files. It doesn't do a local sync (like Dropbox), which is what I would like to do.
If the local sync is already implemented, well, it seems a bit unnecessary to start a new app from scratch; in that case I'll simply look for a new app to code

The Following User Says Thank You to Tofe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Originally Posted by Tofe View Post
@Khertan: if you are talking about MeeDav, I saw this project, but it looks like it only allows you to browse your WebDav files. It doesn't do a local sync (like Dropbox), which is what I would like to do.
If the local sync is already implemented, well, it seems a bit unnecessary to start a new app from scratch; in that case I'll simply look for a new app to code
Indeed, there isn't any sync. But think of a separated sync folder, as there is probably like me people already syncing folder between computer with a volume larger than the memory size of an n9. My synced folder size is greater than 200Go

The Following User Says Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
Indeed, there isn't any sync. But think of a separated sync folder, as there is probably like me people already syncing folder between computer with a volume larger than the memory size of an n9. My synced folder size is greater than 200Go
Oh, yes, sure I do. Syncing between one folder on local side and one folder on server side has to be there. And it will

I'm glad to hear that my project is still a need !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tofe For This Useful Post:
I m in too. i am developing MarbleMaze game

The Following User Says Thank You to ayushkedia For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Awesome, glad to have you back leon.anavi! Sounds like you're going to be spoiling us with a selection of apps and updates - which we love cos we like to be spoiled
I am not sure about the new apps yet. But I have couple of ideas for small apps in my mind. All depends on how much free time for MeeGo apps development I'll have this summer.

The updates will be related to my open source project location2sms Recently (19 May and on 19-20 June) I launched couple of updates for MeeGo Harmattan devices and Symbian at Nokia Ovi Store. The update includes:
- Button for sharing location via e-mail
- Shorten URL of Google Maps (using is.gd) included to the SMS/e-mail content

Now I am working on support on multiple map engines. Soon Bing, Nokia and OpenStreet Maps will be added. I will fix screen rotation issue for MeeGo Harmattan devices. I have in mind features like save map image, save location info and panic features which could be added later. I also consider porting location2sms to Windows Phone, Android, Tizen and iOS (eventually BlackBerry 10).

You can watch a short video about location2sms version 2.1.3 at YouTube.

Thanks to several contributions location2sms is localized for several languages: English, Bulgarian, Turkish, German and Romanian. I am always looking forward to support new languages so I'll be grateful if someone of you can help me translate the app to Russian, Spanish, Portuguese or any other language

So far from location2sms has more that 73 000 downloads for Nokia Store

Last edited by leon.anavi; 2012-06-22 at 07:03.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leon.anavi For This Useful Post:
I'm in. Added myself to the wiki page.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Hi folks, doesn't 3 months fly by! Just an update to remind you all that this weekend (Sunday, midnight UTC) is the last date for submission to the coding competition! Yes really! So if you're working on something, please remember to get it built and submitted in time

At the moment we have the following registered participants and submitted applications:

Desktop, System, and Utilities: 24 (7)
Games, Graphics, and Multimedia: 27 (5)
Location & Navigation: 7 (0)
Network & Communications: 19 (4)
Other: 13 (3)
Updates on existing apps: 15 (6)

So we have 105 registered applications on the wiki page, but only 25 submitted entries so far. Remember your application entry must also be submitted! We have 14 N950s and 11 N9s to give away so it's definitely worth entering

In addition to the device prizes, we have just under Eur 700 collected from community donations we'll share out to those who just missed out on winning a device.

It's really easy to enter your application, simply take a look over the wiki to make sure everything seems eligible and enter via the submission page. (Details on how to enter are here)

Also, if you've seen any applications recently announced that you like please remind them to take part. We want to make sure everyone gets a chance to be recognised and maybe win a prize too

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
For those who are not following the main competition thread, I'm pleased to announce the applications that will be presented for voting in the near future.

I'm sure you'll discover something new and interesting within the list below. We have asked developers not to push new features until after the voting has finished, so please be patient with them in the meantime

Desktop, System & Utilities
AlloCine
CountYourScores
DingMee
DoMee
ext2Manager
FilmNotes
KhtBMA
KhtNotes
Klippr
maecaltasks
MeeWOD
modern computer flatboat
PowEdit
ReferIt
Saera
Server Status Widget
Sync Yourself
timenow
USSD balance
VirtRanSim
widgets
Wleux

Games, Graphics & Multimedia
Adventlands
Alpha Strike
BlockMaster
Crosswords
Hits.
Instago
Lone Wolf
MaeLyrica
Math Bingo
Meemory
Nyan Cat
ρcam
Reaction Challenge
Splat It
Square-It
ThrowIn
TriQuick

Location & Navigation
EnyTrip
GeePS2
meeTrainer
Next BART

Network & Communications
Bumblr
genwall
HeySms
IrsTerm
meeBay
MeegIM
MoGateway
ServerMonitor
SMS Scheduler
syncgcontacts
ToggleWlanScan
Transmission Remote
User Agent Tool
WifiTrans

Other
BioPower
Kana of The Day
MeeCoLay
MeeGoal
NumboTime
Pomodoro
QMetronome
Remove Sim Shorcut
SIM-Switcher
Task Poach
WPx Emulator

Updates and development on existing apps
Audiobook Reader
AutoCallSMS
Blob
CacheMe
Crazy Chickens game
location2sms
MeeDocs
Mieru
MiniBible
modRana
N9 Quick Tweak
Presence VNC
ProfileMatic
Puppy File Server
qMetro
QNetMan2
redak
TxPad QML

Beginners
AlloCine
Alpha Strike
BioPower
BlockMaster
Crosswords
DingMee
ext2Manager
FilmNotes
genwall
Hits
Kana of The Day
Math Bingo
meeTrainer
MeeWOD
Next BART
NumboTime
Puppy File Server
QMetronome
Reaction Challenge
ReferIt
ServerMonitor
Server Status Widget
SIM-Switcher
Sync Yourself
syncgcontacts
Task Poach

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-09-12 at 19:37.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
amazing ,isnt it ? truly shows how well this place is equipped with so many brilliant minds ,3 months and more than 50 apps ,Great awesome speechless .i guess i am gonna run out of words but thanks to every one .
On a side note ,if community could arrange these coding competitions or nokia ( witch ) could do something like that on a more of routine basis ,we could get a loads of people involved in maemo or meego . Brilliant work mates ,keep up the good work really !

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
I am stunned as well at how many apps and devs there are out there. Way to go everyone! You make this community proud

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to computerinfo21 For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, competition, prizes