Active Topics

Thanks for letting me know nthn, couldn't find a sensible way of copy/pasting a text file into the browser and couldn't find a hosting site that actually copied the url so had to type it out and clearly I failed! Hopefully this one works? I (failed to) enable a patch at 13:16 if the rest of the log doesn't show anything start there.

The Following User Says Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
For the services: gist.github.com, paste.ubuntu.com etc.
For the log, seems the problem in frequent messages. Please do the following: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Sailfish...et#Diagnostics
"Preventing journald from throttling logging from a verbose process" part, then reboot and reproduce problem

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Thanks - the problem with hosting wasn't how/where to paste (some code tags would have done) but how to get the text copied! I'm now at a Windows computer and the line breaks aren't showing in the right place so I still can't copy it properly.

Anyway I've changed the settings as below, rebooted, enabled a patch manually and got a very similar looking file...

Originally Posted by /etc/systemd/journald.conf
RateLimitBurst=9999
RateLimitInterval=5s

Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Thanks - the problem with hosting wasn't how/where to paste (some code tags would have done) but how to get the text copied! I'm now at a Windows computer and the line breaks aren't showing in the right place so I still can't copy it properly.

Anyway I've changed the settings as below, rebooted, enabled a patch manually and got a very similar looking file...
Is there any chance you can join telegram group, so you can quickly help me to debug problem by testing beta builds? https://t.me/joinchat/CaLQAk2RBc--WXbv5rHx1A

Of course, just joined the group. Seems no-one's around, I'll leave full details on there so everything's in one place.

Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Of course, just joined the group. Seems no-one's around, I'll leave full details on there so everything's in one place.
You know, people should sleep sometimes.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Sorry, I'm used to people online being in America so everyone goes to bed 'after' me - it was only 23:20 here! Russia is in the future though

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
you can also try remove /rootfs/etc/ld.so.preload? but patchmanager3 is not modifying files. if your system files are changed - you did something wrong yourself.
Hi again, back from holidays and still locked out of my Jolla :-( - is there any way to get to pkcon on recovery to reinstall lipstick ? Can’t get on the jolla on ssh ... I would really prefer to avoid a whole clean install with all the updates ... ist’s just the login screen I need back ... did everything @coderus told me but no success...

The Following User Says Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
what jolla? jolla1 or jolal C?

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
still my first Jolla 1

The Following User Says Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os