Active Topics

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Does the Patchmanager allow patching the Notification screen (swipe up from bottom edge)? That would be awesome to add stuff in there, RSS feeds, tweets, or even more notifications like weather and so on. In short, N9's legacy.
I definetly second this. It would be awesome!

Also another idea. Know the lock screen animation that comes when you lock the screen by swiping down?

Could it be utilized in Android lockscreen way? It would of course be in reverse way I guess, but you get the idea? There could be shortcuts added there and one could just slide their finger from top till an Icon to open the app. Releasing finger anywhere else would lock the device.

Posted on TJC as well...

https://together.jolla.com/question/...ock-the-phone/

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Hmm, N900 maybe, but I don't recall N9 getting this sort of thing (i.e. as powerful/flexible) as soon as this.
Yea, might be that I am remembering it wrong.

Was thinking SwipeManager and then UnrestrictedSystem UI by MohammadAG and other tweaks by him. But quickly checking some topics showed that those also took their time...

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Have just created a pull request on the pandora-box project.

It allows us to see the text on the applications when re-ordering. I like to order mine mostly alphabetical, so having the text visible is a great help when I have no clue what the icon is.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
[Edit] Well a problem persists though: all patches do appear in Patchmanager, but I can only apply the Gallery one. Control center and Unlimited multitask can't be enabled (the confirmation dot just blinks once). I tried restarting lipstick just in case it was just a GUI issue, one by one, all at once, and everything, but the patches won't apply. It seems from the thread that nobody else experienced that?
Had this too. Probably it's related to jolla-gallery-extensions (installed as separate package from sfiets's blog (which I did)...
See here -> http://sfietkonstantin.wordpress.com...video-pausing/

So, to get it working I first uninstalled jolla-gallery-extensions and then in PatchMangaer I had to toggle "Jolla Gallery extension" on and off with a "verify patch application" in between and a "restart lipstick" (PatchManager -> pulldown menu).
After a few tries "Control Center" and "Unlimited multitask" became finally clickable and are working fine since then.

Regards,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Vienna, Austria
I found a bug: after being in an area without reception or flightmode, the mobile data switch greys out and isn't usable anymore. reapplying control center patch fixes it.

great work btw!

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Had this too. Probably it's related to jolla-gallery-extensions (installed as separate package from sfiets's blog (which I did)...
See here -> http://sfietkonstantin.wordpress.com...video-pausing/

So, to get it working I first uninstalled jolla-gallery-extensions and then in PatchMangaer I had to toggle "Jolla Gallery extension" on and off with a "verify patch application" in between and a "restart lipstick" (PatchManager -> pulldown menu).
After a few tries "Control Center" and "Unlimited multitask" became finally clickable and are working fine since then.

Regards,

J4ZZ
Thanks. Yes I got it to work since my post too, it needed a reboot that was not mentioned in the FP, and then Sfiet updated Patchmanager so that no reboot was needed anymore. I should have stated it here when I got it to work, sorry, I forgot my previous post.

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
PM is moving to AUSMT. Thanks nodevel for heads-up.

AUSMT should provide a much safer patching experience, but provides less features right now (as I didn't finished adapting the WebOS stuff to SailfishOS).

Missing stuff includes
  • Ability to check patches
  • Ability to uninstall all patches

What is gained now
  • Stability in patching
  • Less issues with updates.

What will be gained in the future
  • Ability to repair the system if patches damaged it
  • Ability to fully clean the system from patches

I'm currently doing the adaptations and will release a first version of patchmanager to OpenRepos very soon. However, pandora-enabled lipstick will never move to there. It's too easy to break everything with it, so I prefer to redirect to this TMO post right now.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Official announcement: patchmanager 0.4.0 is available in openrepos !

https://openrepos.net/content/sfietk...n/patchmanager

It do not ship pandora-lipstick, and will probably never ship it. This version of patchmanager uses AUSMT, and requires a lot of dependencies, so don't use OBS to download it, and prefer OpenRepos

You can download the pandora-box patches here and the stock patches here (gallery video fix).

Note that you must unapply all patches before updating !

Last edited by Sfiet_Konstantin; 2014-04-09 at 18:09.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dommau View Post
I found a bug: after being in an area without reception or flightmode, the mobile data switch greys out and isn't usable anymore. reapplying control center patch fixes it.
Well, this isn't related to me. This is a bug from Jolla :P

The Following User Says Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Still the connect to the Internet dialog does not show up. At least for me.

Beside that it works like a charm! I love the Harmattan-like feedback on swipes and the unlimited multitask. Fixing that stubborn dialog wouldmake it perfect!

The Following User Says Thank You to tiempjuuh For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os