Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by TechnoDoc
How usable is the finger / thumb keyboard?
I couldn't find it!!! Is there anyone that succeeded?

Originally Posted by ploum
If I made a backup from a 2005OS, could I restore it in 2006 ? I'm specially interested in restoring saved AP/Wep networks.
I can tell you that I succeeded in installing an old backup, it didn't lock the tablet and found all of my previous mails, rss news etc. I just can't tell you whether the connectivity settings are the same because I'm at work and I usually use the Nokia at home

So what do I do with the .bin file? I've flashed BIOS before but never something I just attach to a PC

Originally Posted by maxilogan
I can tell you that I succeeded in installing an old backup, it didn't lock the tablet and found all of my previous mails, rss news etc. I just can't tell you whether the connectivity settings are the same because I'm at work and I usually use the Nokia at home
Yes, connections are there (just checked the settings without testing them)

Originally Posted by MikeJulie
So what do I do with the .bin file? I've flashed BIOS before but never something I just attach to a PC
You should have find the Nokia Software update Wizard, it is on the same maemo site where you found the .bin

Very easy to setup, tough.

I'm at work too but very curious to know if WMP/ASX streaming works with the new version. Anybody out there to test if http://www.omroep.nl/radio1/live64.asx works?

Floone

I must say that I like the new OS. Everything is snappier and very easy to use. Scrolling up and down in opera is not choppy anymore. I like the the new look and everything seem very intuitive. Keyboard pops up quicker, I even like the thumbkeyboards, but I think it's a little hard to reach the letters in the middle of the screen. Opera did close on me a couple of times but I'm happy with the new toy.

Originally Posted by NokNok770
I must say that I like the new OS. Everything is snappier and very easy to use. Scrolling up and down in opera is not choppy anymore. I like the the new look and everything seem very intuitive. Keyboard pops up quicker, I even like the thumbkeyboards, but I think it's a little hard to reach the letters in the middle of the screen. Opera did close on me a couple of times but I'm happy with the new toy.
Please, could you tell me how to make the thumb keyboard appear?!?

Thanx

How long will the beta work? Does it have an expiration date?

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
does google video works on the new beta os?