Notices

ok I'll unistall bluezwitch

I have a problem that I read also on an italian forum. When connected I am not able to deactive bt

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by iscio View Post
I have a problem that I read also on an italian forum. When connected I am not able to deactive bt
That is strange. Can you provide some additional info about it?

I connected the bt to my car bt and I try to push bt to deactive it but it doesn't do nothing. I try to mantaing the button to open the preference but it doesn't open the preference

I found this post
For what it's worth, it's working with PR1.3 for me. It didn't work immediately after the upgrade, but I ended up re-flashing anyway, then installed advanced-interface-switcher and it worked.

I see there are a number of suggested improvements in there already - so I hope I'm not repeating what went before, but my main gripe with it is that it won't shut down BT while there is an active BT connection. So I end up using bluezwitch anyway because it can do this.

Last edited by iscio; 2011-06-08 at 12:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to iscio For This Useful Post:
ok, I did some test with my bt and there is the problem when bt is connected

now I have a strange request. Is there a way to change icon? with your application there are simple icons for bt and wifi, after to install AIF I had this icon for bt on, bt active and wifi off.

and what about italian translation? if you want I am here :-)
Attached Images

if I see processes in backgroud I see hildon-status-menu. Is it a problem of this program? because after installed it I didn' see this process

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
now I have a strange request. Is there a way to change icon? with your application there are simple icons for bt and wifi, after to install AIF I had this icon for bt on, bt active and wifi off.
At the moment you can only do it only by replacing existing images.

and what about italian translation? if you want I am here :-)
l10n is next step, but in nearest future, not right now.

if I see processes in backgroud I see hildon-status-menu. Is it a problem of this program? because after installed it I didn' see this process
what are you using? top? And what scares you most?

I use conky...no there is no problem but I ask....thanks

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Conky effectively uses the same data that top does.

Anyway, what iscio means is that when you have AIS installed, hildon-status-menu consumes enough system resources to show up in the list put out by top/conky, whereas in a normal system, hildon-status-menu is far more negligible.

This is, as far as I know, caused by the fact that AIS is uncompiled Python, which means that with AIS installed, hildon-status-menu's process includes within it the python interpreter and whatever ram+cpu that that takes up.

Hence it showing up higher in the list.

ah ok thanks for this explanation. I have not a good english. I hope in a next release minus ram for AIS :-)