Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
I was also thinking about sanding and polishing the screen metal rim. I shouldn't be too hard pecause when i was a kid we used to polish our mopeds engineblocks and cylinder heads.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Aonsaithya View Post

This one I saw earlier:
http://j0hnmcclane.deviantart.com/gallery/28024536

These I also saw just now:
http://www.ecaseshop.com/advanced_se...ea1d70&x=0&y=0

I'd imagine the golden one would be an interesting choice for painting as it might introduce a "pearl effect"...
The chrome parts would have to be sanded with some really fine paper for painting though, but that shouldn't be too difficult, at least as those don't look like they introduce the transparent plastic covering the display?
Hey, I've seen these links, these are the ones that I have and want repainted. As you can see, the white paint on the sides and back is very basic white.

So I want these exact cases repainted to a high quality premium glossy white colour.

The Following User Says Thank You to Prozac786 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by KetkuFIN View Post
I was also thinking about sanding and polishing the screen metal rim. I shouldn't be too hard pecause when i was a kid we used to polish our mopeds engineblocks and cylinder heads.
If you decide to try it please make a video while doing it if possible and post your results.

If you do it well, could I get my white housing delivered to you so you can sand the chrome off the metal bezel/rim?

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
I have that white cover laying in the drawer, because it sucks, it is really cheap crappy plastic, it will make you N900 feel like a 5$ toy + the styles does not lock, so it will fall out

Best results will be to get it painted properly

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
the white cover like the picture above is called flat white...to make it shiny & glossy looks of the white colour you just need to spray a clear coated on the white colour...
is kinda easy task to do it but remember not to spray it so thick or you will get a scratch lines after sliding the HW keyboard a few times...

I'll have a try, got a few of these to experiment with.

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
the white cover like the picture above is called flat white...to make it shiny & glossy looks of the white colour you just need to spray a clear coated on the white colour...
is kinda easy task to do it but remember not to spray it so thick or you will get a scratch lines after sliding the HW keyboard a few times...
It's not the matte look im talking about, it's the feel, and no matter how much clear coat you apply it will not feel as good as the N900, seriously it really feels cheap.

Yeh I agree with you there, it does feel quite cheap. I think if I can get hold of original housing, it might be better to repaint that.

Consumer Advice regarding buying cover to paint

DON'T BUY THIS COVER, IT IS NOT GENUINE.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Seller talks about don't buy from others since they sell cheap copy's, Fu*king A**hole

This has been yet another consumer advice from frost

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post: