Notices

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
attila77 thank you again for your hard work. Flaemo working now perfectly and I have to say I am amazed how well. I've got impression that sliding a desktop is faster than native one! But it might be placebo effect

Great work man. You gave me the wings to continue working on this project for N900. The way how MicroB on leaked PR 1.2 struggling with flash performance completely stopped me. Flash launcher is the only recommended solution for how to launch Flaemo and I bet any other Flash files.

I really love new design as well

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:
Ok. I've catch up something that might help you.

This is not standard behaviour as far as I know and might be determined by webKit engine.
When I am trying to type some text in to the Input Field using HD keyboard, focusing the field works fine. But when you type in first letter this I/0 input triggering continuously the last letter. There is nothing to stop this. For me it looks like enter frame listener running on top of flash and triggering this data. I wonder if that behaviour is not related to only text field but some other flash functionality that might be a reason why some games are getting stuck. I can try to deal with many different situations and find some way around inside flash but obviously for content that was done is noting to do with this.

Another one thing, stage resize listener is not being triggered when you change portrait and landscape mode. So there is no way that flash can dynamically update all of the elements. Of course it's related to content that was designed for this purposes to be a liquid.

From what I see after some testing:
WebKit - the best performance but can cause the issue mentioned above.

WebKit(html loader) doesn't load some external components sometimes and I can't find a rules for that. If will, seems to be related to issue above as well, but this time you can't enter anything to any input field)

MicroB - just redirect you to the native browser, so standard behaviour.

KMPlayer - useless wen flash game required any external call, to xml database java script or another swf witch is very often practice in flash game development. Also waste of screen space.

Hope it helps.

(N900, leaked 1.2, no overclocked but system version is 2.6.28.10power27, flash player 9.0.260.0)

The Following User Says Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Technically, there is at least one more engine we could utilize (2 with html variant) - gtkmozembed. That’s basically the underlying engine for MicroB but we would not need to go through the browser. I first want to iron the kinks out of the existing code-base before adding more engines (but if any gtk hackers are watching this, patches welcome !). The current engine interfaces are pretty basic, so I’m certain we can/could/should tweak flash performance/IO/etc.

Here are two screenshots for those curious as to how the new interface looks like (special thanks to ivanzorkic who submitted the mockups !)
Attached Images

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
I cant play any of the games, the whole app freezes as soon as I press a button on the keyboard.

Remember, I can't help unless your post contains the following info:

Which device ? Which firmware ? Which version of flashlauncher ?

N900, Pr 1.2 The latest version just updated

Where does this happen ? Gametag screen, details screen ? Devu, is this what you’re talking about when mentioning the keyboard issues ? I’m using PR1.1 and can’t reproduce any keyboard problems...

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Where does this happen ? Gametag screen, details screen ? Devu, is this what you’re talking about when mentioning the keyboard issues ? I’m using PR1.1 and can’t reproduce any keyboard problems...
Possibly.

It might be related to the current flash player version itself rather than webKit, I am not sure but yes, when you press any button on the keyboard seems that there is no action for key-released triggered out. It's only key-pressed.
Using keyboard navigation, trying type in some text, the same behavior. The way how quickly HD keyboard triggering this to the flash player is incomparable to the normal PC one. Making the whole flash movie stuck.

Edit:
I am wondering, is any way that somebody with PR 1.1 could isolate flashplayer plugin and put somewhere to download? Regarding to performance issues of flash player inside the MicroB everything telling me that flash player in leaked PR 1.2 is completely screwed-up and just some experimental build.

here the files I am talking about

First file is
home/libflashplayer.so 10.3MB

Second
usr/lib/libflashplayer.so 5.6MB

Any advice where can I find the plug-in file that microB is using?
Or your webKit solution? The file in home seems to me like it's just kind of backup I don't remember such a file there before.

Edit 2:

But still I'm confused, I was able to play in current version of flash player and PR before... for example "penguins can fly" without any issues.

Last edited by devu; 2010-05-16 at 19:15.

So.. replacing the file for old flash player plug-in didn't help at all.
Another one funny thing is when your MicroB changing horizontal to landscape and other way around with this old player version on board and leaked PR1.2 you getting 2 errors

Internal Errors about camera closed and something else that I can't really understand how flash plug-in could cause damage to so deep internal hardware functionality?

This is really weird.

Tags
flash, games, launcher, webkit