Active Topics

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Poland
I have the problem with the alarms. Once the alarm is triggered, the device wakes up, vibrates & plays the sound as it should, but I can only see my lockscreen and N9 doesn't respond to neither the touch screen nor the physical keys (except from the long press which obviously turns it off). Once the alarm is over, it gets back to normal. If have a snooze feature activated, the second alarm goes just fine without freezing the phone.
It doesn't happen to the tasks that are set up via calendar, only the ones configured in the clock menu. It happens on every of my N9's but they are configured similarly. Any clues where to look for?

Thanks

Exactly the same on my N9. From time to time, only way to "snooze" is to use the pillow :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:
Similar problem only with the calendar reminder: the virtual buttons on the screen (close, postpone etc.) are sometimes frozen. The only way is to close the reminder/calendar.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Does it happen while being on the charger?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Look for Wiki Page for N9QTweak.

I think you have unrestricted-system-ui installed?
It s a known problem

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Yes, unrestricted-system-ui installed. Do you mean this work-around? https://wiki.maemo.org/N9QTweak#Mino...with_Tweak_T-3

Last edited by MMC; 2016-12-09 at 16:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to MMC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Russia
disable orientation widget (with Gconfik)

The Following User Says Thank You to mihsun For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
Yes, I have the unrestricted-system-ui installed. Will check the workaround, thanks for all the clues.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Budapest, Hungary
Hi,

Does it happen in all cases (I mean all of the 1st alarm notifications), or just occasionally? I think I have the same issue, but not all the time, only in several cases (lets say 2-5 %). I don't have unrestricted-system-ui installed.

However in my case only the visualization switches to the lockscreen. The touch input works according to the alarm notification, so I try tapping the screen from bottom to up, or from the center to down, depending on what button I want to reach.

And what's more, I noticed that N9 stops alarming either when I press one of the volume buttons (this is my preferred method), or when I put the device face down (I just dont like trying to estimate the proper place and speed when I'm sleeping... ).

For just the one alarm, it happens always. If there are many multiple alarms - it happens occasionally. I already got used to it.

Tags
alarm, reminder, snooze