Active Topics

Notices

As title said, v1.5 on Extras but v1.8 in Devel

Any major differences between the version?

bump for answers

Have you tried PMing the guy?

It seems he disabled his PM

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I wonder why...

If you don't know what the difference is, why are you bugging him to push it to testing?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Prague, Czech Republic
Here you are changes between 1.8 and 1.5 from changelog:

rootsh (1.8) unstable; urgency=low

* Solve goddamn escaping errors in postinst, again!

-- Faheem Pervez <trippin1@gmail.com> Tue, 3 Nov 2009 15:11:05 +0000

rootsh (1.7) unstable; urgency=low

* Make launchsh script show HildonBanner
* Fix quoting errors in postinst
* Use "deprecated". Thanks timeless.

-- Faheem Pervez <trippin1@gmail.com> Sun, 1 Nov 2009 16:39:28 +0000

rootsh (1.6) unstable; urgency=low

* Fix uninstall issue as reported by both X-Fade and robbie.
* Set HISTSIZE to workaround MB#5896 (thanks lma!).
* Get postinst script to escape the '$' in "$1".
* Depreciate "rootsh". As mikkov pointed out, it is too much of a security risk.

-- Faheem Pervez <trippin1@gmail.com> Sun, 1 Nov 2009 11:19:34 +0000

The Following User Says Thank You to rmoravcik For This Useful Post:
New version 1.8 which fixing uninstall bug was promoted to Extras-Testing. Vote for fixed version: http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...el/rootsh/1.8/

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by MrGrim View Post
Have you tried PMing the guy?
QWERTY12 bowed out of this forum a long time ago. Perhaps someone can put a date on it. It looks like August, 2010. I found a post that reads, in part "Looks like it's an orphan package, unless qwerty12 comes back. 2010-09-01 11:25 UTC " So for certain he was gone 1 September 2010.

Qwerty12 was one of the greatest maemo5 hackers that ever there was. However he had a bad case of autism and was unable to take anymore disappointment from Nokia WRT failing to deliver on any of the n900 promise.

He went nuts and released a final version of 'headset control' for controlling the media player from the headset button, inside the binary was a long angry, angry speech. He never released the source code or ever came back. Which is a shame as he was so damn talented and he had almost cracked completely controlling the media player from the headset button.

His disappearance from the maemo scene was the equivalent of Nicolai Tesla & Frank Zappa dying before their time, they still had so much to give.

In fact every year I hold the 'qwerty12 memorial fund memorial day' and I have my n900 recite burns's 'a mans a man for aw that' through espeak while I recall happy memories of the qwerty12 memorial fund.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Qwerty12 was one of the greatest maemo5 hackers that ever there was. However he had a bad case of autism and was unable to take anymore disappointment from Nokia WRT failing to deliver on any of the n900 promise.

He went nuts and released a final version of 'headset control' for controlling the media player from the headset button, inside the binary was a long angry, angry speech. He never released the source code or ever came back. Which is a shame as he was so damn talented and he had almost cracked completely controlling the media player from the headset button.

His disappearance from the maemo scene was the equivalent of Nicolai Tesla & Frank Zappa dying before their time, they still had so much to give.

In fact every year I hold the 'qwerty12 memorial fund memorial day' and I have my n900 recite burns's 'a mans a man for aw that' through espeak while I recall happy memories of the qwerty12 memorial fund.
if qwerty12 is not here, who then gave me maintainer permission for rootsh? qwerty12 was only one maintainer.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post: