Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Thanks fatalsaint, but I just decided to resign. Who needs the hassle, incompetent or otherwise?
Nooooooooo!

The thing is I had no moderator powers in that section and I should have escalated the issue rather than simply cautioning posters.
I thought you did? I saw a post you made that said you had sent the issue up for consideration?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
These kinds of attacks on people who are just doing their best around here for nothing more than a love in Maemo is part of the reason why I haven't been as active in the community lately.

Tex has always done what he feels is right by the community. You may or may not be happy with what he's done. Fine. Get over it or voice your concerns to Reggie. There's no need to start a witchhunt after one of our most loyal community members over it, especially after everything he's done... most of which I'll bet 70% of the people here weren't even around for.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I thought you did? I saw a post you made that said you had sent the issue up for consideration?
Attila77 raised it on council email list.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Yes, but that thread was not against any rules I've seen up and until it was determined the software illegal which is against Reggie's policies.

Mayhaps I misread something somewhere; but I really doubt there was any lapse of judgement here.
I don't know the specific thread in question but isn't the problem providing links to the leaked 1.2 update? Regardless of its true legality, Reggie made a post (although it should be an annoucement instead of a post in a closed thread) saying not to post it.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I don't know the specific thread in question but isn't the problem providing links to the leaked 1.2 update? Regardless of its true legality, Reggie made a post (although it should be an annoucement instead of a post in a closed thread) saying not to post it.
Right but that post didnt come till last night closing the thread in question.

Yes its against the rules *now* but was it against the rules last night when all the supposed lack of judgements or infractions really happen?

Attila77 raised it on council email list.
Fair enough. It still got raised, it got discussed, it got decided on and it was handled.

I don't see a problem here; maybe im stupid.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
if texrat resigns then i will leave here b/c he does more things for this community then all the people who whine combined and people treating him like **** for something that's easy to say he was wrong about in hindsight.
WTG carry on isolating the best things about here and it will go on even more of a downward spiral than it as with all the trolls and whiners of the past month.
Texrat is one of the people what make this place bearable for people.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Closing that thread wasn't the smartest thing to do for the reasons already mentioned here. - Staying involved in it and warning people about possible issues and consequences was the perfect way to handle the situation. Period.

As for Texrat resigning:
I support him doing so if he really wants it. It would be too easy to say 'Please stay!'.... I first thought that would express my emotional support, but wouldn't it mean "Oh please, continue to work for me without getting anything in return, because, frankly, I'm too lazy and don't care enough to do this job myself"?

Do what feels good and right for you now; no peer pressure, no expectations. Just be sure you'll be welcome as a moderator should you want to return, be it tomorrow or in 5 years.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Tex, you've been too soft with people - in my (not so small) experience with this almost EXACT problem, bending arms and an iron grip works MUCH better, and eventually produces the best results for the community...

I hope you won't step back as (IMHO) you're a great guy and thats the kind of a guy we need behind a community steering wheel, and BTW its never too late for the "iron grip" method

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:

Tags
complaints, moderation, policy