Notices

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by riverus View Post
Is it possible that gPodder will have its own internal player? Everytime when I play, it will open and take over the default music player.

I think an internal player like the one implemented in cutetube will be great, so I will have more control on which and how I want to choose and play the podcast. The default player is not good at managing podcast, which is also another reason that I want gPodder to be an independent, full fuctional podcast manager and player.

Hope I am not just dreaming.
Hmmm, although an internal player can have advantages like portrait mode, queuing of podcasts, etc, I don't think it is something important. Too much work (coding-wise) and not enough advantages to justify it?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by riverus View Post
Is it possible that gPodder will have its own internal player? Everytime when I play, it will open and take over the default music player.

I think an internal player like the one implemented in cutetube will be great, so I will have more control on which and how I want to choose and play the podcast. The default player is not good at managing podcast, which is also another reason that I want gPodder to be an independent, full fuctional podcast manager and player.
That's actually something that we consider for the QML version of gPodder, because now that we have playback position synchronization with gpodder.net for about a year now, and the MAFW integration with the built-in media player isn't that good, having built-in podcast playback is a good idea. Won't happen for the current Maemo 5 UI version, though as it's too much work. The QML version will work on Maemo 5, though - but it's going to take a while until it's fully functional

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Wow, thank you very much for such prompt response.

I am very happy with the current version. It gets all work done.

Anybody else finding that episodes remain new after playing? bug 11636

Originally Posted by gidyn View Post
Anybody else finding that episodes remain new after playing? bug 11636
Please use the built-in Maemo Media Player to playback files - currently, resuming and updating the status within gPodder is only supported with the built-in Media Player, because it uses MAFW. Panucci isn't supported, and there are no plans to add support for it again. An experimental build of Panucci exists that has some support for this, but it's unreliable, unsupported and not recommended.

I'm confused - the old behaviour was to mark an episode as read as soon as it was played. Why does this no longer work?

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
My gpodder lost the lock icon for locked episodes after last upgrade. Is this a bug or a feature? I found it really useful.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Quick question (hopefully).

Is it possible to get a notification displayed when new episodes are downloaded via the command line interface.

I have gpodder set to check and download overnight (which works great, but that method does not display any messages for me when new podcasts are found and downloaded.

Thanks, and thanks for a fantastic podcasting solution.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Originally Posted by gidyn View Post
I'm confused - the old behaviour was to mark an episode as read as soon as it was played. Why does this no longer work?
Now, an episode is marked as played when the media player sends a playback position. This is only supported in the built-in Media Player. If you want to disable this feature (e.g. if you are using Panucci), you can set the advance configuration "audio_played_dbus" to False.

Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
My gpodder lost the lock icon for locked episodes after last upgrade. Is this a bug or a feature? I found it really useful.
It's still there, but for whatever reason, it is sometimes not displayed, probably because the text colums are too wide. I haven't had a chance to look into it, but it is a known problem.

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Is it possible to get a notification displayed when new episodes are downloaded via the command line interface.
Maybe the Desktop command execution widget with something like "gpo pending" can do the trick for you?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I have found that played episodes often still show as unplayed when using the stock media player (using 2.12).

My website

GitHub

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing