Active Topics

Did you guys know that the N900 Alarms Goes On When Phone is turned Off? I didn't know that until now, the alarm went on and the phone was turned off. It asked me if i would like to turn the device on or not. lol. Interesting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grumps312 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
Yeah, I use it all the time.

If i'm in bed browsing, and I doubt the battery will last until the morning, and the charger is on the other side of the room, I just turn it off to save power, and the alarm still works. Genius!

I think S60 devices do it too, not sure though.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Stockholm (formally Amsterdam, London)
This is native to most nokia phones and has been for quite some time.

lol, that's pretty cool. I wonder how does the phone know when to turn on the alarm if its off though? I thought once the phone is off it is like fully off, so how does the phone turn on the alarm if its not on? o.O

SE phones do it too, it is quite common behaviour

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
It's not off, that's why removing battery does something different. And it charges. etc.

And this isn't the coolest, the actual WOW for me was a few years ago (all nice Nokias have it) when my phone auto-offed itself for low battery at 18:00 and at 8 AM it rang. The damned thing rang, it kept some juice in its pockets to wake me up.

Every now it just surprises you.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
My 6230 did that too

A godsend feature in my opinion.

Enables you to turn the phone off whilst asleep, avoiding any message notifications or unwanted 3.am calls!! =)

One of the reasons I have bought Nokia's for last 10 years.

Cool feature. I wonder if it uses something similar to the scheduled power-on many PC BIOSes have? It's possible that it sets itself to wake up on the next alarm event whenever powering down.

could it be possible to use this beahviour to build an app to turn the device on with an sms? it would be a cool feature! it could be used together with other features such as invisible mode and google latitude and maybe front camera as an anti-theft app. yes i like dreaming.