Poll: Google and MS offer Jolla money to develop tablet, they should
Poll Options
Google and MS offer Jolla money to develop tablet, they should

Sooo, before going OT on a slightly related topic, if Jolla was offered a lot of money by Ballmer/Gates vs Page/Brin, which one should they choose? With M$ at least your private data is somewhat less whored, but they are the original technology satan, so cast your votes, which is the worstest.

Last edited by szopin; 2014-12-05 at 22:06. Reason: typo

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
"Who is worse" and "Whose money should Jolla accept" are two different questions. I voted "Accept both", but the real answer would of course depend on the amount and the conditions. Not that I think Jolla should care about this poll in any way, shape or form

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
"Who is worse" and "Whose money should Jolla accept" are two different questions. I voted "Accept both", but the real answer would of course depend on the amount and the conditions. Not that I think Jolla should care about this poll in any way, shape or form
Oh man, can't edit the poll... You're right... Do we need another poll MS vs Google (jolla excluded), or are people willing to discuss differences between those two corporations in posts?

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...

I do not personally see that much difference between them.

I still use Windows XP on my home-laptop, and Windows 7 on my workhorse. I use gmail for my personal email, and outlook for my work email. I do not see much way to move away from these choices.

Ok, so Microsoft is more successful in wooing Large Companies: you will not find GMail-powered enterprise-email, or Chrome OS as official OS for Work-PC.

And Google is better positioned to collect a lot of data on personal Internet usage. Hell, Google has its own Remote Desktop addon in Chrome; which works way better than Microsoft's default Remote Desktop thingie.

People do not use Internet Explorer, unless they have no choice, or are ignorant about the choice they have. I doubt I have ever heard somebody say that Internet Explorer is way better-cooler-hotter-whatever than Firefox, Seamonkey, Chrome and Konqueror taken together and squared. :-) And yes, I can say that Seamonkey is way more brilliant than Firefox, Chrome, Konqueror, and Internet Explorer taken together and squared. :-) [Disclaimer: I haven't touched Konqueror even once] Oh, and I have forgotten Safari. Does it even exist by now?

On the other side, people fire up Chrome if they want a quick, unclattered browser. They may prefer something Gecko-based for long-term work, but if they just need to do something quickly... Chrome it is.

Disclaimer: despite any and all generalizations made in this message, it is based on my personal experience, which may easily be different from yours, from average, median or anything else.

~~~

About original question: let Jolla take the money from both.

Then, if the contract is open enough, they develop excellent tablet for Sailfish, and have Windows-Chrome OS working on it only as afterthought.

If the contract is too restricted for that to be possible, they develop excellent tablets for Windows and Chrome OS... and swap them. Guess how well will Windows run on tablet developed for Chrome OS?..

If that's not possible either, develop tablets which have excellent specifications, for superficial glance, but actually have very unique approach to usability. Way more unique and alien than Blackberry Passport. And enjoy the show :-)

Best wishes.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
As whose money should Jolla accept, I'd say none of the big corportations, as they will come with tight strings attached.
As for who's bigger $atan currently, I'd like to nominate Apple.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
The poll has no realtion whatsoever with the question in the title. Goggle, of course, is much worse than MS. But for the poll... It all depends on the exact conditions, so I don't vote here at all. the poll just doesn't make any sense.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
I still use Windows XP on my home-laptop
I use winXP in virtualbox for any win32 apps, I use mintlinux 100% at home

Apple, MS, Google, etc are all the same, someone had to try and acquire the compition!

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
The poll has no realtion whatsoever with the question in the title. Goggle, of course, is much worse than MS. But for the poll... It all depends on the exact conditions, so I don't vote here at all. the poll just doesn't make any sense.
No conditions, no strings attached. Just honour and survival

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Dreaming is always good, just don't lose yourself in such dreams (or perhaps in this case, nightmares!)

19:48 <Remi-X>: my name is fry and im shy
19:48 <Remi-X>: sh*t how can i even say something that dumb

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
NSA wins, hands down.