Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by rentze View Post
For the same reason you can't use flash plugin for Windows on Linux (or vice versa).
Ok, I thought that Android architecture was closer than that.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
Ok, I thought that Android architecture was closer than that.
The only thing Android shares with other linuxen is essentially the kernel. Glibc is already a difference, not to mention X or anything more complex.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The plot thickens! The N9's official iPhone Webkit browser doesn't have Flash, but supposedly Fennec supports it! But I don't see how they would ship Flash for Fennec, so I suspect Fennec's support is purely hypothetical.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by qole View Post
The plot thickens! The N9's official iPhone Webkit browser doesn't have Flash, but supposedly Fennec supports it! But I don't see how they would ship Flash for Fennec, so I suspect Fennec's support is purely hypothetical.
I read somewhere here that "Flash for Fennec on Harmattan" isn't true after all, despite Kontorri's post. Does anyone know for sure?

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Wow this thread is still going, thought it would have run out of legs by now. How many different ways can you say no flash 10 for N900 0)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
i hope N900 gets N9 flashplayer ,only if meego men get it from adobeys..

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
about http://focus.ti.com/docs/toolsw/fold...eflash-a8.html

any person have that got it?

I guess when they said "supports flash" it meant "is able to use plugins, such as flash". Then there's the problem of not being able to find a flash plugin

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
I just need to say that now I can finally play Ederon on my n900 while on Maemo. A bit slow, but who cares?

Love *hugs n900*.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I read somewhere here that "Flash for Fennec on Harmattan" isn't true after all, despite Kontorri's post. Does anyone know for sure?
I think we all misunderstood what kontorri meant in that sentence he wrote.
I suspect all he was saying is that fenec can use tweakflash in order to "support flash"
Or perhaps he meant the ancient plugin already available to maemo users.

*shrugs*

I hope I'm wrong & that there are plans to support the latest version/s of flash.
But it is looking unlikely...
I agree HTML5.x's the future, but flash is a long-way-off being pushed into obsolescence.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-07-04 at 08:42.

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update