Guys, don't be such tight wads..

There's nothing wrong with a little Chuck Norris..

BUt if we MUST stay on topic:
The git repo's have the handset base apps. Theoretically you should be able to compile using the Nokia QT SDK.

Last edited by sevla; 2010-06-30 at 10:42.

Remember the terrible wait for pr 1.2?

Remember the wait for updated OVI store?, it took ages before less than 5 apps are up in that site.

Chuck Norris says it will not be released today unless we reached 6000 posts in this thread just today.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
This thread now serves no purpose can't we just close it now?
If you think the thread has nothing more to offer you, why don't you just no longer read it?

From a user standpoint there is no difference between a closed thread and a thread you don't click on.

I guess the 2 possible issues are either the few KB it takes up on the servers database for additional useless posts, or you could argue that when you click 'new posts' it is still there and frustrating to ignore, but if either of those 2 issues are bothering you, perhaps your life needs spicing up, or something to create meaning beyond the forums... may i suggest you get a puppy?

Originally Posted by fergusso View Post
Remember the terrible wait for pr 1.2?

Remember the wait for updated OVI store?, it took ages before less than 5 apps are up in that site.

Chuck Norris says it will not be released today unless we reached 6000 posts in this thread just today.
Please do not spam the forums... It's NEVER welcome. Anywhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to peynaud For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by lwa View Post
If you think the thread has nothing more to offer you, why don't you just no longer read it?

From a user standpoint there is no difference between a closed thread and a thread you don't click on.

I guess the 2 possible issues are either the few KB it takes up on the servers database for additional useless posts, or you could argue that when you click 'new posts' it is still there and frustrating to ignore, but if either of those 2 issues are bothering you, perhaps your life needs spicing up, or something to create meaning beyond the forums... may i suggest you get a puppy?
being honest, those shitty offtopic-threads make life of developers really hard.

these are always in the way of really important stuff.

it is frustrating to dig your own thread from the abyss only to get it bumped with latest information etc that could be pretty essential to someone.

e: and it is million times harder to follow anything new and important when these 6000-completely-offtopic-posts-bump-once-in-10-seconds threads are in the way.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
I would love it if they released MeeGo Touch intergration for the Nokia SDK released last week.. just getting my head round it.

My Qt skills are very basic.. would love a little Qt 4.6 or Nokia SDK for dummies book give me that little bit of guidence..

Back to topic

200 refreshes since 9am UK time in counting

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Will1Am View Post
I would love it if they released MeeGo Touch intergration for the Nokia SDK released last week.. just getting my head round it.
Make sure you read: http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=524

Long story short: don't use MeeGo Touch unless you really need something it provides. Regular Qt *should* work just fine hopefully, and has the benefit of running on everything. (It also has additional benefits like being a lot more tried, tested, and stable - as well as API/ABI guarantees, etc.)

Originally Posted by Will1Am View Post
My Qt skills are very basic.. would love a little Qt 4.6 or Nokia SDK for dummies book give me that little bit of guidence..
I'm working on setting up a support network for developers.

Search TMO (or the MeeGo forums) for 'meego developer engagement' and keep an eye on it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Russia,Moscow
being honest, those shitty offtopic-threads make life of developers really hard.
this thread is offtopic straight from the start, i think it would be handy to create a specific one when meego handset ux released to actually discuss it.
Right now it's nothing more than a place where people chat while waiting for release,IMHO.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
ossipena: I agree, and I try to keep most of my posts relevant to the topics, I'm not perfect and I'm not saying I am but if I can I will contribute usefully to a topic.

This topic is however "Looks like the MeeGo Handset UX is almost out - Due 30 June "

There are 25 pages of posts to that topic...

realistically the only valid response to the above statement is:

"Yes, Sources do indicate it is almost out, We will see if you are correct before 23:59 on the 30th of June..." but there are still 254 replies...

And what useful information are people trying to get from this thread? it will either be out in a few hours or wont... and I'm sure if it is, the 50 other duplicate threads that pop up will indicate it happened anyhow
there is no developer trying to get useful bug fix information in which case I can understand the need to get feedback without going through pages and pages of crap...
Just saying if this thread goes slightly off topic after 25 pages, I don't see it as an emergency that needs to be closed ASAP before it goes 'wild' as Johnel implied

The Following User Says Thank You to lwa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by qwenjis View Post
this thread is offtopic straight from the start, i think it would be handy to create a specific one when meego handset ux released to actually discuss it.
Right now it's nothing more than a place where people chat while waiting for release,IMHO.
Have you read the thread? There were people asking a lot of useful questions about what to expect, what the release actually was, etc.

It wasn't as vapid as the title might lead you to believe.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post: