Originally Posted by pabloniss View Post
11. Run the following command by typing:
"flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R"

The flash will take around 1 minute after which the device will reboot.
The bright Nokia screen will come up on the screen with the USB icon on the top right followed by progression dots with yellow LED blinking for a few seconds
And you’re done. Welcome to the world on 1.2
I done all of that until then, yes i see the very bright Nokia screen, then followed by the progression dots, but it stays there forever! I even went to take a shower, come back, and it's still stuck there. The progression dots don't even move, they moved for the first 10 seconds, then it got stuck on the 2nd dot, while command prompt still waiting for a suitable USB device

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
try the flasher -command again.

I'll say it one more time: the dots stop before booting up is mounting /opt and other eMMC partitions
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
try the flasher -command again.

I'll say it one more time: the dots stop before booting up is mounting /opt and other eMMC partitions
So even if it says "Suitable USB device not found, waiting." it's still doing something? Cuz like i said, i gave it about 15-20 minutes and still nothing.

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
and you flashed the fiasco with what flags?(did you use -R)
Yeah tried without -R the first timeitself as per the flashing guide in the WIKI Section. No use

Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
So even if it says "Suitable USB device not found, waiting." it's still doing something? Cuz like i said, i gave it about 15-20 minutes and still nothing.
Same thing with me dude. and after u remove the cable, it wont even boot into the OS requiring reflashing of the fiasco with -R to work.

No... still the same thing happening. Flashed the fiasco image without the -R tag this time, was succesful. Then when I came in to type

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

it founds my device RX-51, then
"Booting device into flash mode.
Suitable USB device not found, waiting"

When it says its booting device into flash mode, my N900 actually restarts, ignored my finger pressed on U, and goes on to attempt to boot normally, but get stuck at the loading bar...while the command prompt stays there waiting for a suitable usb device... help?
Ok Ok Ok. I figured the entire S***. Even though i am a noob when it comes to Linux/Maemo, but not when it comes to Windows :P. (Considering the fact that it took around 6 tries doesnt support the comment :P)

Ok Lets get Serious. Hey Isaac and all others who were facing th same stuff. Well I was a victim too and thought that it is a problem from the device side. But actually, it is the problem of the drivers that are used for FIASCO image and eMMC image. I suppose you are using an XP Machine which does not have Nokia PC Suite Installed.(Possibly you are using XP Mode in Windows 7, just guessing). If so, then this small information is for you.

I noticed that when the dots stop, the phone is out of the update mode and the device manager shows N900 PC-Suite which it doesnt manage to install. Kinda strange but makes the perfect sense. I kinda fixed it all up with just installling the Nokia PC Suite and restarting the machine. The eMMC Flashing requires you to have Nokia PCSuite Installed for successful flashing. Try it and get back. Best of luck.

Nokia isn't supposed to be blamed for this after all :P

Last edited by fareed_xtreme; 2010-08-06 at 18:43.

I have tried so many times...that my USB port came off, worse, with a little piece of the motherboard with it. So I can't even have it fix since I need the motherboard replaced, and I'm sure Nokia doesn.t wanna know anything about me since I'm in Canada So now I'm stuck with a N97 which is such a ******ed device compared to the N900...

Well for what it's worth, you were right, on both my real XP machine and my virtual XP machine I did not have PC Suite installed...

I'm gonna give it one more month, see if there is any news about the N9 or else i'll have to buy another N900.

Thanks for everyone that helped.

(P.S. if one day you start getting mad at the N900...don't go yanking out the usb cord :P )

I have tried so many times...that my USB port came off, worse, with a little piece of the motherboard with it. So I can't even have it fix since I need the motherboard replaced, and I'm sure Nokia doesn.t wanna know anything about me since I'm in Canada So now I'm stuck with a N97 which is such a ******ed device compared to the N900...

Well for what it's worth, you were right, on both my real XP machine and my virtual XP machine I did not have PC Suite installed...

I'm gonna give it one more month, see if there is any news about the N9 or else i'll have to buy another N900.

Thanks for everyone that helped.

(P.S. if one day you start getting mad at the N900...don't go yanking out the usb cord :P )
My USB Ports extremely loose too
the cable goes in or out without needin to push or pull anymore

I dunno when mines gonna come out but i am 100% sure, the end is very close by.

Well, you will be havin tough luck repairin ur N900 i guess. But to be frank, I kinda did not like the N9's design. (Dunno if the pics actually suck that bad :P)

Moreover, I am never going for Symbian OS that came withthe touch phones, the V5 edition.

S60 v3 OS9.1/9.2, even today i use em in my N95 and its awesome... But the N97 and similar phones actually are tooooo buggy even if u compare them with N900. This OS is more stable than symbian and all and seriously, i dunno why there have been so many ppl in this forum cryin as if this phone is a no go... well bugs will be there and constant improvisation from this community will definitely yeild to perfection is what i believe.

Last edited by fareed_xtreme; 2010-08-12 at 10:17.

can somone help me whit this,when i start flash program it dosent say waiting for suitable device.. all im getting is this same problem what was in last page that it dosent do enything like finding my n900 i writed : flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f and million other combinations but allwayes same happens "RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM: %m" btw sry for the bad english

Last edited by aspetri; 2010-10-14 at 21:01.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
OS and version and bits please.

.edit
e.g.
windows xp 32-bit sp3