Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Instead of fighting a losing battle wit Nokia, could we approach some of the operators here in the US ? If they subsidize it, Nokia will have to honor the warranty.... Just a thought
I used to do work for Cingular, knew some high up people. Already inquired about a month back.

The response... while not exactly an emphatic "No" was more along the lines of "Nokia can be problematic to deal with at times..." (almost verbatim)

Not saying that the people I had talked to had the ability to make it happen, but they're in places to see if it could.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
good point, I don't know you, you don't know me, how do we establish some trust?
through ebay?
I like your plan. I might have to nick that for my own usage.

I do have many other thoughts, but if any of us are successful at potentially grabbing a few phones at a decent price, then we should be upfront about it either here or via some other means.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I used to do work for Cingular, knew some high up people. Already inquired about a month back.

The response... while not exactly an emphatic "No" was more along the lines of "Nokia can be problematic to deal with at times..." (almost verbatim)

Not saying that the people I had talked to had the ability to make it happen, but they're in places to see if it could.
Nice. Well, i do remember Nokia's "It's up to the carriers" spiel. Another well written email to At&t or even T-mobile wouldn't hurt. Maybe even some kind of petition ? I know, sounds crazy. Just trying to help. If there's anything i can do, let me know....

The Following User Says Thank You to scapegoat845 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by scapegoat845 View Post
Nice. Well, i do remember Nokia's "It's up to the carriers" spiel. Another well written email to At&t or even T-mobile wouldn't hurt. Maybe even some kind of petition ? I know, sounds crazy. Just trying to help. If there's anything i can do, let me know....
Hell. I could do that. Any pointers on making that last e-mail I posted any better, less long or anything? I'll gladly try it out.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Hell. I could do that. Any pointers on making that last e-mail I posted any better, less long or anything? I'll gladly try it out.
Actually thought that last email was very well written. Just leave out the WP7 stuff.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Your doing more than a great job Gerbick and for sure i know first hand what a bunch of lieing bastards Nokia are so i do not envy you.... GOOD LUCK.

Ironic...a while back(almost 2 months ago) I asked people about an idea for me bringing some N9's from Europe because I used to live over there(have connection at Nokia store) and I was going to visit my family there. No extra cost and I was going to put my $$$ down .... response??? none

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=172

Last edited by vittoriob4; 2011-10-03 at 02:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to vittoriob4 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vittoriob4 View Post
Ironic...a while back(almost 2 months ago) I asked people about an idea for me bringing some N9's from Europe because I used to live over there(have connection at Nokia store) and I was going to visit my family there. No extra cost and I was going to put my $$$ down .... response??? none

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=172
I honestly didn't see it.

If you have the capacity, let people know. What country are you located in, btw?

Green Bay Packers Country Milwaukee... Going to Poland with my wife again in Dec... the stakes are high
but seriously, love this community...people are sarcastic at times yet helpful

I honestly didn't see it.

If you have the capacity, let people know. What country are you located in, btw?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vittoriob4 For This Useful Post:
Lucky for us exhange rate went up and as for right now 16Gb costs around 680 - 700 bucks...still not cheap, but cheaper than those ebay rip off's

The more I buy the better discount I get...obviously we are not talking about 100's... maybe 20ish for starters ?? is it worth it...we shall see

The Following User Says Thank You to vittoriob4 For This Useful Post:

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop