Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Please check last Council minutes.
So when the council has it's meeting/discussion with Jolla, you'll also refer them to the community's Qns in the Google doc?

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-08-13 at 10:31.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
During last Friday meeting I handed the list of questions to Stskeeps (Mer project leader, working for Jolla) as SD69 wasn't available and I don't know if he already talked to them. Now I'm waiting for a response from him.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2012-08-13 at 10:37.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Nice, Stskeeps is our hero. Bring the answers as soon as possible.

Still don't think that it will come up something new in these question. Jolla announce stuff when they are ready.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Nice, Stskeeps is our hero. Bring the answers as soon as possible.

Still don't think that it will come up something new in these question. Jolla announce stuff when they are ready.
From the video interview it was clear that they don't want to say or promise anything they can't deliver. Which I know is at times annoying but very important.
They only reveal the information their confident about, and not give any false hopes I guess.

At least I hope they'll answer what they can. Some points there were about the community resources like sites and etc. unrelated to their products.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I want to know if they will update the kernel ever. Anyone know which kernel they are using now/plan on using?

I surely hope they will switch to the 3.x kernels (unlike Harmattan). So far they didn't say anything about that, as well as about what hardware they'll use (which will affect the former).

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-08-13 at 21:32.

Well we'll get wayland since it works with qt5.

I'm not so sure about Wayland. Getting ARM GPU drivers for X.org is already close to impossible, why do you think Wayland will be so easy? But if it's going to be Wayland - it will be great.

Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
I'm not so sure about Wayland. Getting ARM GPU drivers for X.org is already close to impossible, why do you think Wayland will be so easy? But if it's going to be Wayland - it will be great.
http://wayland.freedesktop.org/qt5.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_%28f...k%29#Platforms
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayland...ned%20Adoption
Seems to be the general linux plan to go Wayland.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla