Hi Friends,

If you guys own Nokia N9 and found any interesting feature or limitation, please share it here.

I have just bought one and still exploring... here are few findings:

1. Skype Video Call is not supported

2. I tried attaching 4-5 photos (2.5mb) and sending via hotmail, it worked unlike N8.

3. I am unable to find network IP Address, however you can add manual IP address to each network connection. [RESOLVED, THIS CAN BE DONE BY ENABLING DEVELOPER MODE AND CHOOSE SDK CONNECTION FROM APPLICATIONS]

4. I have registered hotmail & google under other mail account ( Accounts.-------->Add Account-------->other mail account), probably you can add as many as you want.

5. There are no themes available right now, only wallpaper. You can not change background wallpapers of all 3 screens. Wall papers only shows once you unlock the device by double tapping or by a right side button.

6. Currently 3 Feed for your home screen available, Facebook, Twitter & Associated Press (AP), may be more in future. I am wondering if I can add RSS to home screen. [RESOLVED-YOU CAN ADD AS MANY FEEDS AS YOU WANT]

7. There is no FM transmitter found in N9.[UPDATE: RUMORS.. THERE IS CHIP/TRANSMITTER IN N9 BUT NO SOFTWARE TO CONTROL-IN FACT NO NEED COZ N8 HAD VERY POOR QUALITY SOUND TRANSMISSION, USE WIRED/BLUETOOTH SOURCES]

8. You can clear feed (facebook, twitter, AP) by tapping and holding it - it gives you 2 options: CLEAR & SETTINGS.

9. You can synchronize your ovi contacts by going to Accounts>Nokia Accounts>Sync.... add the OVI account first.

10. You can transfer the Music via Nokia Link and it doesn't for Windows XP, only Vista & beyond.

11. Music Player doesn't have Equalizer or I couldn't find it. You can tap album art to play or pause.. or swipe away to change the Tracks... Sound is amazingly great.

12. You can not use the Music Player in Landscape mode, and most application doesn't work in landscape mode.

13. I had added hotmail under exchange account, it was not showing any content in inbox but the links only. I have moved it again under other email account.

14. N9 comes with a sleek and nice case, which fit like original case of mobile so therefore colors are not an issue, you can use Cyan, Magenta or Black for any of your device and it will completely camouflage it showing only the screen.

15. There is TV-Out option available under accessories but I don't have accessory... , don't know how to use it.

16. You can backup locally, I tried synchronized and it gives me all handsets near by, but no computer. I haven't don it.

Yet plenty to explore and hundreds to come..

Previously I had N8 and Now I have N9 64GB version and I am loving it.. , I have given up my iPhone. Go for it!

UPDATE:

17. You can not make playlist of your video files, each after each you have to select - You can not adjust the brightness etc.

18. You can not transfer the 4.56GB of 720p format data using Nokia Link under windows 7 64bit. Not sure about others...I initially tried transferring about 8GB single .mkv music videos file but it didn't work.

19. It doesn't play .vob files...surely!! it's not mentioned in specs

20. I have downloaded some .mp4 file from youtube... here is the link to video file: http://youtu.be/Xh6dGaLtDHI ... N9 didn't play probably due to 1080p, however while downloading, I selected the format 720p - need to check it today.

21. I have tried copying music using windows Media Player and worked fine..it's more convenient. Just drag and drop the files you wish to copy and hit synchronization button in WMP.

I think Nokia needs to release a serious update & OVI Support.

Update:17/10/2011

22. Betalab Tech guy said, there is no plan to provide OVI Suit/Nokia Suit for N9 and it's not gonna happen in future. Use Nokia Link or Windows Media Player.

23. A Daily New Apps for N9 are updated here, worth to visit for N9 owners:

http://my-meego.com/index.php

Last edited by GunsNRoses; 2011-10-17 at 13:05.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to GunsNRoses For This Useful Post:
6. Yes you can. Can't remember how though.

15. You can use the Nokia N900 TV-Out cable.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GunsNRoses View Post
6. Currently 3 Feed for your home screen available, Facebook, Twitter & Associated Press (AP), may be more in future. I am wondering if I can add RSS to home screen.
Yes you can add RSS feeds. Open the feeds app, select the feed you want to be added en enable feeds for event screen. You have the choice for every feed, so not all feeds are visible with 1click (not bad, so you can ask for important ones on event screen, others in the app)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hakki_01 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
i wud love an N9, maybe even over my N900. wud be an excellent phone. id get one in a second if it had hw keyboard

Last edited by F2thaK; 2011-10-12 at 10:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hakki_01 View Post
Yes you can add RSS feeds. Open the feeds app, select the feed you want to be added en enable feeds for event screen. You have the choice for every feed, so not all feeds are visible with 1click (not bad, so you can ask for important ones on event screen, others in the app)
Thanks Hakki_01, I have managed to add RSS but due to some reasons, it is not shown at home screen. I have restarted the mobile as well. Will keep on trying.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by GunsNRoses View Post
Thanks Hakki_01, I have managed to add RSS but due to some reasons, it is not shown at home screen. I have restarted the mobile as well. Will keep on trying.
You have to wait until there are new items in the RSS feed. Existing items won't be displayed.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
when i add a calendar entry, it puts it on the day after i've selected (select a day, select add event, the date for the event is the day after i selected... seems odd).
anybody else with the same problem?

also for any Aussie's out there, there is an issue with crazy john's and the n9 (you can choose between the ability to make calls or the ability to connect to data, definitely network issue on Crazy John's side), they say they are talking to nokia to sort it out. hopefully they do sort it out soon, i want my data connection.

EDIT: crazy john's issue now fixed

Last edited by randomdood; 2011-10-13 at 14:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to randomdood For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by randomdood View Post
when i add a calendar entry, it puts it on the day after i've selected (select a day, select add event, the date for the event is the day after i selected... seems odd).
anybody else with the same problem?

also for any Aussie's out there, there is an issue with crazy john's and the n9 (you can choose between the ability to make calls or the ability to connect to data, definitely network issue on Crazy John's side), they say they are talking to nokia to sort it out. hopefully they do sort it out soon, i want my data connection.
Possible issue with timezones ? (Not Sure)

seems to be working normally now.. will try it later again.

mine RSS is working fine... Point NO. 6 solved.... mine Calender is fine.

Anyone got Network IP..?