Same exact version as me., so that's not the cause of us seeing different behaviour.

I've checked and there is no line break, or space, after the list, both in the original and my modified version.

I used "vi" to edit. Did you use this or some other editor that may have "helped" by adding a line break for you?

Could you have added words to the dictionary of one of the languages that is now disabled? What happens if you restore the original and then remove just one language? If it works try removing one language at a time until you find which one makes things fail.

I see from your earlier post that your second language is US-english. I've been using norwegian and UK english. Maybe US has some kind of dependency to UK, what happens if you keep both?

Originally Posted by mikhas View Post
Please use the public bugtracke if you think there's a bug in the language configuration of Swype: https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/
According to swype.com, selecting languages is a feature in swype 3.26, currently in beta. So I guess it's a missing feature, and if the version we get is updated one this is out of beta then this hack won't be nessessary. Not a bug per se.

Originally Posted by Vaskinn View Post
I've checked and there is no line break, or space, after the list, both in the original and my modified version.

I used "vi" to edit. Did you use this or some other editor that may have "helped" by adding a line break for you?

Could you have added words to the dictionary of one of the languages that is now disabled? What happens if you restore the original and then remove just one language? If it works try removing one language at a time until you find which one makes things fail.

I see from your earlier post that your second language is US-english. I've been using norwegian and UK english. Maybe US has some kind of dependency to UK, what happens if you keep both?
I tried all combinations of line break and space (and lack thereof) - I used nano, because I can't find vi in the repositories (which surprised me).

There's only words added in German and English US - as that one works once it's not last in the list it must be something else. Dependency: Unlikely - when I had German, US English and UK English, US all of a sudden worked but UK showed the error because it was last in list.

I guess I'll have to live with the long press and list selection to change language for now, will try again with PR1.2 (and maybe throw in a factory reset while I'm at it).

Thanks for all your help :-)

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Thanks, this is exactly what I've been missing as I constantly have to switch between two languages.

Originally Posted by flof View Post
I tried all combinations of line break and space (and lack thereof) - I used nano, because I can't find vi in the repositories (which surprised me).
Good news. I have now reproduced the problem: By copying the original language file into place, and then editing with nano I get the error. If you edit with vi you should be good.

vi has to be part of either developer mode, or the Utilities package you can install after activating developer mode. (Otherwise it's a mystery where I got it from, bacause I haven't installed anything else that could account for it)

The Following User Says Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Good news. I have now reproduced the problem: By copying the original language file into place, and then editing with nano I get the error. If you edit with vi you should be good.

vi has to be part of either developer mode, or the Utilities package you can install after activating developer mode. (Otherwise it's a mystery where I got it from, bacause I haven't installed anything else that could account for it)
I can confirm, nano is quilty, or atleast after editing with vi, no database errors occur anymore....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
I can confirm, nano is quilty, or atleast after editing with vi, no database errors occur anymore....
That sounds very strange!
Why should nano break something?
I use it all the time on my PC, N900 and also N9 to edit config files and never had any issue.

OT:
Is there a way to remove entries from the dictionary I occidentally added?
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

Vaskinn, you're right on both - I have a working 2 languages setup now - and even better, I have my beloved vi (actually I had it all along, but hadn't seen it listed in the utilities package). Thanks so much :-)

Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
Why should nano break something?
I use it all the time on my PC, N900 and also N9 to edit config files and never had any issue.
I can think of a few ways.

Maybe nano saves in a different format ("plain" text files are nowhere near as plain as you'd think) and swype is being picky because we're not really supposed to edit that file. (I'd have to examine the files in a hex editor to see)

Or perhaps instead of saving over the contents of the existing file nano does a "delete-create" when saving, losing a file system attribute or something similar in the process.

(my money is on encoding, linefeeds or byte order mark)

Edit:
And the winner is linefeed. Added by nano without asking.

Last edited by Vaskinn; 2011-12-05 at 20:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
And the winner is linefeed. Added by nano without asking.
Do you mean the line feed at the end of the line?
Most linux programs actually give out a warning if the config file misses an empty line at its end. i.e. fstab (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...-fstab-241806/)
Because of that I am very used to end a config file with an ending line.
Now, we could argue if it is right from nano to add one without asking, but it seems to be usual (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/he.../msg00009.html).
I wouldnt see it really as a bug in nano but more as a Swype being too picky!

/OT
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator