Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Manitoba, Canada
slick204:

Ah, another person expressing interest! Truly, I have no idea who is interested in these 'astro' apps, where they live, whether these apps work for them (at their lat/long), so it is nice to get feedback like this.

Posts: 542 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ 52 N, 6 E
I have MChronos clock as well but I have the same problem it does not show up when I select it as an applet.
Should I update something ?

skatebiker:

Yes, as was mentioned in post #17 of this thread, you should update your version of MChronos to the newest version (which currently is 0.25). If you still have trouble after that, well, then it will need to be investigated.

I reinstalled it (dpkg -i mchronosxxxx.deb) which did successfully and rebooted, but no clock after checking it in 'select applets'.

skatebiker:

To be clear, what *version* did you install? You either would have needed to download from my 'software' web page, or gotten it from the maemo 'extras-devel' repository. The version should be 0.25. Look at the Python code if you need to verify.

Darethehair:

I don't know if you're taking suggestions, but here goes.
To save space, I'm currently running the applet with the three bars and no text. Would it be possible to display the detailed text in a window by tapping on one of the bars? Each bar could have it's own info or all in one window. This would be the best of both worlds but I have no idea if it's possible.

Just a thought.

slick204:

If I understand what you are suggesting, it is that this applet have some degree of 'interactivity' i.e. clicking on something would cause an action to occur. If so, I totally agree with you, and would *love* to be able to do this -- except all such efforts to do so with 'transparent' desktop applets like this have failed for whomever has attempt them. See the following thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=16720

In fact, lately I was experimenting with having overlaying an additional semi-transparent 'shape' over a PNG image with DChronos, and it appears to ignore my requests -- even though this works fine with 'normal' non-desktop Python apps. I can only guess that all these negative behaviors are a limitation of these Python-based transparent desktop applets

For now, then, my 'MChronos' and 'MOrrery' applets are incapable of any degree of 'interaction' -- no buttons, clicks, etc. Today I was also experimenting with some sort of 'automatic' timer-based 'cycling' of display information, but I am getting very strange and inconsistent delays between each 'cycle'. Ack! This is probably more than you want to you, right?

P.S. Oh, and thanks for offering suggestions -- I appreciate the interest in the app, and making it better and more useful

NEWS FLASH! I may be onto something that may lead to better inactivity. Stay tuned -- but it may take a few days

Last edited by darethehair; 2009-06-13 at 01:17.

Originally Posted by darethehair View Post
skatebiker:

To be clear, what *version* did you install? You either would have needed to download from my 'software' web page, or gotten it from the maemo 'extras-devel' repository. The version should be 0.25. Look at the Python code if you need to verify.
Yes I installed 0.25 from your software site.

skatebiker:

If other applets like this already work for you, then I have no more advise to offer you, sadly, since it seems to be working fine (again) for myself and some others.

Are you also sure that you have installed the 'hildondesktop python bindings' as is required, and was mentioned in this posting?

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=17

I installed
Code:
dpkg -i hildon-desktop-python-loader_0.0.2-1_armel.deb
and then I saw a downgrade from 0.0.2.2 to 0.0.2.1 and then it worked.
Presumably, mchronos is not compatible with 0.0.2.2.

EDIT: After a reboot it did not work anymore, so there is a compatibility problem.

Last edited by skatebiker; 2009-06-14 at 07:38.