Notices

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
@Eugene.Panich, are you going to announce in this thread when you have a new version, fully working with kernel power? After the problems in hq zooming, I uninstalled ABC and reinstalled BlessN900, so I won't be notified by HAM or Fapman if a new version is available. Thanks a lot.
Sure, we'll announce here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
I have some problems with auto launch of "a better camera" when opening lens cover. First, it takes a long time (about 10secs) and second it seems to slow down my phone enormously and seems to misdetect lens opening. I had several incidents where my mp3-player stoped playing and I looked at my phone which was in my pocket untouched and saw that "a better camera" launched itself with the lens cover closed. Maybe there has to be some kind of bouncing detection for the lens cover.

Originally Posted by raily View Post
I have some problems with auto launch of "a better camera" when opening lens cover. First, it takes a long time (about 10secs) and second it seems to slow down my phone enormously and seems to misdetect lens opening. I had several incidents where my mp3-player stoped playing and I looked at my phone which was in my pocket untouched and saw that "a better camera" launched itself with the lens cover closed. Maybe there has to be some kind of bouncing detection for the lens cover.
If you disable auto launch and start ABC manually - does it also take 10 sec to start?
Do you have any other applications that work with lens cover (say, camera lens launcher)?

The Following User Says Thank You to eugene.panich For This Useful Post:
Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Thanks for your answer, I had "camera lens launcher" installed with the setting to open the default camera app. I have deinstalled it now and I will observer how the behaviour is now. I'll let you now what happens.

By the way, I definately vote for the feature to close ABC when closing the lens cover

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raily For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
After 2 weeks of using "A Better Camera", I'm sad to say that I'm not totally satisfied with the purchase and application (my personal experience).

Issues I'm encountering:
1) Slow to start application and taking pictures (compared to the standard camera).
2) Unstable sometimes (I've encountered a few times when picture saving takes too long and crashes the N900 - I had to re-start the phone by removing battery).
3) Picture quality can be better (I'm referring to the red/blue specks)

It's good that A Better Camera gives the N900 more camera features than the standard one. But the performance can still be improved. I guess it's not possible to expect digital camera performance and quality on a mobilephone, but I hope the developers can review to improve (or guide me on alternative fixes) the points I mentioned above.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
After 2 weeks of using "A Better Camera", I'm sad to say that I'm not totally satisfied with the purchase and application (my personal experience).

Issues I'm encountering:
1) Slow to start application and taking pictures (compared to the standard camera).
2) Unstable sometimes (I've encountered a few times when picture saving takes too long and crashes the N900 - I had to re-start the phone by removing battery).
3) Picture quality can be better (I'm referring to the red/blue specks)

It's good that A Better Camera gives the N900 more camera features than the standard one. But the performance can still be improved. I guess it's not possible to expect digital camera performance and quality on a mobilephone, but I hope the developers can review to improve (or guide me on alternative fixes) the points I mentioned above.
Just for development team of ABC's information:

1) The extra delay is sometime caused by other application that also used the event of the camera door opening. I've no such app installed so the ABC started normally
2) You'd like to have a log-dump such that we could send it back to you for your investigation. Though I've never yet encountered any crashing. I suspect that some of these crashing is caused by the app I mentioned in 1)
3) The noise could actually be reduced by adjusting the ISO according to the lighting condition. For some unknown reason the 'Auto' ISO in 'stock camera' always produce maximum digital noises. However, if one chooses ISO 200 in bright light and ISO 400 in low night, the noise reduced significantly.

Therefore, you'd like to have the camera detect the EV of the environment and adjust ISO to the lighting situation to reduce the digital noise. Or just allow users to select ISO manually in HQ mode (which is disabled to select by default)

Another method is to implement a mechanism to reduce digital noise after photo-taking. Which you could consider as an enhancement in the future. ^^

Keep up the good work. Thanks for making a great app for N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Just for development team of ABC's information:

1) The extra delay is sometime caused by other application that also used the event of the camera door opening. I've no such app installed so the ABC started normally
To add; I tried running the application directly after starting up the N900 (like I said, I had to restart it when the N900 crashed). Also, I did not install any applications for the lense shutter door. I reverted back to the standard camera as the default camera when the lense door opens. I don't have development stuffs installed for my N900.

If it can help with the "troubleshoot", please let me know what screenshots/setup information are required. Appreciate any help that I can get to make it truly, a better camera

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
To add; I tried running the application directly after starting up the N900
Is 'geotagging' option turned on in ABC Settings?

Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
Is 'geotagging' option turned on in ABC Settings?
Nope, I didn't turn on geotagging. Here's a setting's snapshot.
Attached Images

Installed but now problem is that at the launch of camera by sliding shutter i get an error "operation failed"
and when i try to run the application from menu it use to be there for few second with loading progress and the vanishes
is there something wrong i have done.
what i need to do inorder to run the applicatin and avoid error

thanks in advance

Tags
bada rox