It seems that -l is an invalid paramater on the mac version of fdisk.

But Mac has a gparted equivalent called Disk Utility, which lists all connected drives and partitions. My Nokia N9 doesn't show up in disk utility at all.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Hmmm...Was your phone powered off when you did the fix malf state steps? I read you said your phone powered off after the success message...It should have been off before you plugged it in...To be sure you can press the power button for 8 seconds to switch it off...

The phone was off when I plugged it in (I tried again just now w/ holding the power button, just to make absolutely sure).

What happens is:

-Turn phone off, unplugged
-Run command in terminal, it waits for suitable usb device
-Plug phone in, it turns on
-Terminal finds device, runs commands, says "success"
-No disk is mounted. After ~15 more seconds, the phone LED turns off, leading me to think the phone itself is powered off.

Posts: 494 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
So phoenix don't have RM-696 listed? I'm using this: 2011.46.002.47246
How about this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnko3ozWhnI

Okay, so I've been working with thedead1440 via PM's, and he can't understand any of the error messages I've been getting. The other people I've tried contacting for help haven't responded.

Has anyone else in the US had any experience with getting N9's repaired? Since the phone isn't technically sold here, I can't just go and contact Nokia Care, right?

Originally Posted by Wowfunhappy View Post
Okay, so I've been working with thedead1440 via PM's, and he can't understand any of the error messages I've been getting. The other people I've tried contacting for help haven't responded.

Has anyone else in the US had any experience with getting N9's repaired? Since the phone isn't technically sold here, I can't just go and contact Nokia Care, right?
If you bought the phone at a Nokia store elsewhere or a stablished phone business and they told you it has guarantee, any nokia care should hounour it (in theory), if I were you, I would give a try =)

I bought it on Amazon though...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I bought it on Amazon though...
If you are in the US email Arie
everythingn9[at]gmail[dot]com

He should know how to get it repaired...And i'll inform him that your device can't be fixed with any sw fixes so he won't ask you to do flashing etc

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Done, thanks!

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Pheonix doesn't find my phone when I scan for devices... is there something i have to do?

Chiagn900, I don't have nitdroid installed, but I'm pretty sure my phone does have battery power. According to the nokia flasher, the battery is at 100%...
if scanning doesn't find devices, then you can just add cold flashing (-c flag), that hopefully is mentioned in flashing faq. (You should never use Phoenix, as that is not meant for 3rd parties)

PS. And looking the original post:
1. are you sure that md5 checksum of your firmware.bin file is corrent, have you tried to redownload the bin?
2. are you sure that your usb port or cable is working well? have you tried to flash from different port and from different machine and in Linux you could try different distributions?
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-10-04 at 04:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post: