Posts: 149 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Russia
Guys is it possibe to make my own image of Ubuntu? I want to delete all unused files/software/games/packages and copy it to desktop. Than make tarball image and will i have success when will tar it back? or there will be errors? ThnkS!

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by eL.ectron1k View Post
Guys is it possibe to make my own image of Ubuntu? I want to delete all unused files/software/games/packages and copy it to desktop. Than make tarball image and will i have success when will tar it back? or there will be errors? ThnkS!
You could make your own Ubuntu image, just remember it has to be the ARM architecture. Don't modify the x86/AMD64 version :P

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Russia
Originally Posted by Captwheeto View Post
You could make your own Ubuntu image, just remember it has to be the ARM architecture. Don't modify the x86/AMD64 version :P
aha Thanks!)
Now i' trying to update to 10.04 LTS..hope it will work..and guys, is charging working till im using ubuntu? or i need add bq module?

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Is there a way to boot it using multiboot instead of bootmenu?

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Ok, I managed to follow the instructions by MohammadAG, except I created a multiboot item instead of a bootmenu item (I used this guide). I used "p2" as the partition number, as in MohammadAG's tutorial, and not "p3" as in the other guide, because my Ubuntu files are stored in mmcblk1p2. However, when I select 4 - Ubuntu 9.10 blabla in Multiboot menu, I have a Guru error: "Can't find init binary in target OS".

I followed all the steps, I have no idea of where I messed up. Any help would be very appreciated! :]

Edit: I tried an ubuntu.ext.item with "p3" instead of "p2" for the partition, and this is not the same error message, so it is definitely "p2" and the source of my problem is probably elsewhere. :'(

Last edited by Kabouik; 2011-07-03 at 14:26.

Tags
bada rox