Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ London
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Can this be a result of the changes within Nokia together with a burning platform. If the answer is YES. We can all blame Nokia. If the answer is NO. We have to blame the community.

That means YOU.
considering i do not find the need to attack anyone to get my point across or behave in a malicious manner for no good reason other than to act childish and pathetic, i do not see the problem lays with me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jpetrise For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jpetrise View Post
considering i do not find the need to attack anyone to get my point across or behave in a malicious manner for no good reason other than to act childish and pathetic, i do not see the problem lays with me.

Great point. You are free from any responsibility. You passed the test.

Most users probably see themselves in the same manner. But who is responsible then. Can't be me since I only post in maximum 4 threads. Where others already stepped out of the bounds. Must be some unknownevil force...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Nah... no evil force...

It's mostly those who post nasty / insulting / derogatory or sarcastic comments that are at fault.

It's a shame that this thread in particular and so many of the posts / comments within seem to be letting down the whole of TMO.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dumpystig For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
Nah... no evil force...

It's mostly those who post nasty / insulting / derogatory or sarcastic comments that are at fault.

It's a shame that this thread in particular and so many of the posts / comments within seem to be letting down the whole of TMO.
Ok...

So the guys hunting estel+the guys cheering the hunt +Estel + me +you. (Tried to point out the same as you just did early on) and some other trolls.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
No one is 'hunting' @Estel, he is attacking people if they disagree or is of a different opinion than him. Especially if he thinks he's on the right side of the fence, wich he seems to think/believe all the time. He conducts himself without tolerance and without empathy and can only see one side -> his own. That's narrow minded.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
No one is 'hunting' @Estel, he is attacking people if they disagree or is of a different opinion than him. Especially if he thinks he's on the right side of the fence, wich he seems to think/believe all the time. He conducts himself without tolerance and without empathy and can only see one side -> his own. That's narrow minded.

Regards Dousan...
I'm sure he sees it in another way. Who is right?

I say you are both wrong. Since non of you could give in and throw in the towel.

This is the mindset in this thread:

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-07-02 at 14:36.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel

I say you are both are wrong. Since non of you can give in and throw in the towel.

This is the mindset in this thread:
The majority would see who is who in pressure situation, it's when people don't have time to put a mask on. I think at this point this was maximum we could do. And I don't see for now any point to continue, as it wouldn't lead anywhere. It's hard to explain someone who doesn't even try to think about it and changing subjects or going in personal attack. And as he was removed from Council Chair and got his "punishment" already, it wouldn't lead anywhere now to try to get him out of council.

So now it's the time everyone learn a lesson, and i'm now talking about argue, but next council who would know not to make same mistakes, and it's not only about CA, but reaction and actions as well(hardly to believe though that we would have council soon at all, with Nokia situation). We also learned who is who on personal levels, and than sometimes people turned out different what we thought.

And i'm not poining now, as i think there are people who think i was troll all the time, and it's their right to judge, on other hand a lot of people would think they say real faces of other people, while they thought of them different.

Now "Good day!" (c) Fez

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:

I say you are both wrong. Since non of you could give in and throw in the towel.

[...]
how comes then that his fellows from the Council decided to remove him from the Council Chair?

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Yesterday, the Council decided to remove Estel from his position as Council Chair. This is due not only to the Community Awards, but to many other actions of his since becoming Chair. He will remain a member of Council, and will continue to serve the community in that capacity.

For me, the primary reason was that he was acting poorly as Council Chair. He didn't represent Council well, and I didn't have confidence in what he was doing and how he related to the community. There were multiple complaints from community members, and I saw personal comments he made against many people, including me. I believe he doesn't have the soft skills necessary to serve as the representative of Council.

Let me also say that this was done with regret. He is a valuable contributor to the community, and fully deserving of his community award. I hope this will be sufficient remediation and that the non-constructive grievances will come to an end. I do not intend to support any actions proposed related to the community awards, such as taking away devices, etc.
IF this is a feeble attempt to make everyonbe happy then it will not work.

He should be removed from council on a vote and also the device he "awarded" himself along with the acceptance of the rest of the council members should also be taken back from him, likewise all devices that have been "awarded" to the council.

This is a community that does not get any input whatsoever on or about it's council.

Something is very wrong with all of this and the procedure council are using.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I do feel strongly that a vote should be opened up to the whole community regarding the serious matter that is being debated on this thread firstly for the realisation from the whole community of the actions this current council have and are undertaking.

This community needs to be sorted out especially the rules of intervention by the whole community when a voted council has done wrong, firstly every member needs to have some input on this and other matters that are clearly dogging this whole community.

Threads that have input from the community should NEVER be allowed to be closed down by a moderator in an attempt to justify and quell any opposition to actions by themselves and council.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2012-07-02 at 19:41.

Closed Thread

Tags
clarity, council fail, dishonesty, outcry, titfortat, trollmageddon, trolls, untrustworthy, whereisthelove