I can't find my Pandora.... oh no wait....

The Following User Says Thank You to polossatik For This Useful Post:
good luck, guys who lost your things. wish it come back to you soon, I know this feeling.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Charlotte, NC
This reminds me of something a girlfriend told me in high school:

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it was meant to be".

B*tch.

The Following User Says Thank You to eetimm For This Useful Post:
A long time ago I remember reading something by Carl Sagan about "The Car in My Garage." The article is about quantum teleportation (a phenomena commonly observed in things like microprocessors) on a macroscopic scale. If I recall correctly he did some back of the napkin calculations that showed that given the lifetime of the universe, there was a pretty decent chance for something the size of a Buick to spontaneously teleport from inside a garage to outside. Given the much smaller size of an N810, this sort of thing must happen all the time

As a personal aside, a friend and I were once playing a early computer basketball game using joysticks is his house alone. We went downstairs and when we came back, the joysticks were gone. We couldn't figure it out for the longest time, but eventually it was revealed that my friend's sister had been angered by all the beeping noises made by the PC's speaker (couldn't afford a sound card in those days) and had silently come into the house while we were downstairs, sneaked upstairs, stolen the joysticks and had snuck out again without us hearing. We were both fans of the Transformers cartoons and had convinced each other that the joysticks had grown legs and walked out under their own power!

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by polossatik View Post
I can't find my Pandora.... oh no wait....
I can't find my 401K!

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
This is why you should always keep your room clean instead of a mess. You'll find many artifacts among these dusty piles.

I can't find my Landsbanki/Icesave account! Kidding aside, a twisted example of UK terrorist law abused when a lot of money is involved.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
yesterday I lost a 3G usb modem stick. I was dead certain that I'd put it on the bed-side table. before that it was in my gadget/camera bag. and before then in the pub. I went through everything, checked everywhere round the bed, rang the pub, checked at work just in case I was hallucinating bringing it home.

found it in my dressing-gown (USA: housecoat) pocket, and I have no memory at all of putting it there!

hopefully your tablet will show up in some unexpected place. for me, things end up displaced because they were being moved between their usual resting ground and I get distracted.

I do remember that I was in a hurry and I put it on the bed... I then remember it falling off... being in a hurry I didn't want to pick it up and I knew it would be there when I came back.

I remember there is a Law of some sort (The word "David's Law" comes to mind even though I don't know what it is). It states that when an item is dropped it will almost always end up rolling or bouncing away to the most impractical and least accesible spot.

That being said... after falling under my bed it must have "bounced" around and "fell" into a minurature black hole causing it to land in the lap of one Terrance Silvanous Krill IV back in the year 1337. Not knowing what happened and being in the middle of a wedding ceremony, Mr. Krill throws the device into a nerby pond.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i recntly could not find my mobile phone. called it and it was stuck between my bed and the wall, of all places...

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
yesterday, managed to leave my entire gadget bag at the hall where we held my son's birthday party - everybody was loading up the car and I thought someone else had picked it up. people even said they'd seen it in the house. after three of us searched everywhere twice, I called up the caretaker and she was very gracious despite it being 9.30pm and I drove over, picked her up and took her to the hall. Luckily noone else had used it after, and my bag was on the table in the corner (invisible in the dark). Phew!!!!