Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ New Mexico, USA
http://www.maemoapps.com/2007/07/25/...maemo-devices/

A cool little app for posting to the Twitter-like Jaiku social website on the N800.

Last edited by HalSF; 2007-07-25 at 21:09. Reason: title syntax borked

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Once upon a time, I had Mauku working and thought it was ok. Then I reinstalled everything but when I went to install Mauku it said something about not liking the version of Jason I was using. I was using libjson instead of Json. So , I went to uninstall libjson but couldn't, because Canola needed it. so I uninstalled Canola and then could uninstall libjson and could then install Mauku. What's more, I could reinstall Canola, which I wouldn't want to do without.

So Mauku is installed now, but when I try to run it, it says 'updating overview' and then closes.

I'm on the N800. btw.

What now?

Incidentially, while I was going thru this process Kagu started working, which I didn't know had anything to do with it!

Same problem here!

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
The new Mauku posted yesterday addresses the JSON compatibility issues. However, I'm having trouble with it crashing on load while doing the initial stream update. And there are other Jiakus about it in the #Mauku channel reporting the same problem.

Looks like it will be a very nice little app though once the bugs are worked out.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
Well, having figured out why Mauku was crashing on startup, the author has already posted a new patch release to correct the problem. Always nice to see something that is actively being updated when bugs are reported.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Yes, my problem was also fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post: