Active Topics

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
Greetings,

I tried installing GeoClue-statusbar last night. I could not get it to show up, however, since changes made in Control Panel->Navigation->Status Bar don't get saved when I click 'OK'. I even un-installed GeoClue-statusbar and then tried to enable/disable one of the existing status bar icons (Display brightness app, specifically) and it did not save the changes. It does not save changes to statusbar app order, either.

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Chris

i got the same problem.

Hi,
I'm the geoclue-status developer.

I can't imagine how this could be a geoclue problem, but don't really have other suggestions either... I guess, if you have xterm or ssh access, you could check that files /usr/lib/hildon-status-bar/libgeoclue_status.* and /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-bar/geoclue-status.* are really gone after uninstalling geoclue -- at that point there should be nothing geoclue-related that would affect the desktop or status bar itself.

I suggest you file a bug with as much details as possible on htto://bugs.maemo.org (I'd pick "product: Desktop", "component: Home"): the status bar shouldn't lock up like this in any situation.

Last edited by jussik; 2007-08-29 at 08:13.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
I don't think it was GeoClue-status that corrupted it. I think it's been broken, but this is the first time I've noticed since this was the first status-bar application that didn't auto-enable itself during installation. Also, your app showed as the first entry in the list, rather than placing itself at the end of the list.