Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
thanks for the reply, what about using the daemon itself to do the recording? can I do something like ./fmrx > output ?

EDIT: apparently I can do this? http://forum.meego.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=236
I was waiting Javispedro's updated version of fmrx-cat before implementing radio recording. I had tried what you linked but didn't get any working audio dump.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
I was waiting Javispedro's updated version of fmrx-cat before implementing radio recording. I had tried what you linked but didn't get any working audio dump.
apparently works for me, I first used your app to tune to the station (alternatively I could use fmrx-ctl as well, but then I wouldn't able to listen to the radio while recording). Then I use fmrx-cat to create an audio dump. The dump is then converted to whatever format I want to using some converter (I use XLD <http://tmkk.pv.land.to/xld/index_e.html> as I am a os x user). Works fine so far.

EDIT: The settings I used to read the resulting audio dump is the same as stated in the previously mentioned forum post:
- bit-depth: 16-bit
- channels: stereo
- sample-rate: 48000Hz

EDIT2: also tried playing raw stream on my N9 using aplay
cat dump.bin | aplay -f dat
fmrx-cat | aplay -f dat
fmrx-ctl -t103; fmrx-cat | aplay -f dat

Last edited by Jeffrey04; 2012-10-19 at 12:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
Hello gionni88,

Are you planning to open the qmlradio source, that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
sledge

The Following User Says Thank You to sledgeas For This Useful Post:
Here there is the source for 0.0.9 version.

Let me know on which upgrades you will work on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
Here there is the source for 0.0.9 version.

Let me know on which upgrades you will work on.
Many thank yous for the source code. I want to learn some QML, and I find it best by a nice app example.
As it was previously discussed here, it is already a very mature app; I might eventually look at RDS programme info (as only station info is currently displayed)

Cheers,
sledge

The Following User Says Thank You to sledgeas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sledgeas View Post
Many thank yous for the source code. I want to learn some QML, and I find it best by a nice app example.
As it was previously discussed here, it is already a very mature app; I might eventually look at RDS programme info (as only station info is currently displayed)

Cheers,
sledge
I wanted to implement tapping on station title switch the label to station program info, it should be really easy, I just lack time :/

Let me know if something is not clear, I tend to call all variables with meaningfull names and commenting the most I can, but something may be a bit out of sense.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Manually get .debs from meego forum link and dropbox? Could this be more centralised please (the app in Nokia Store and others in default repos) so that updates are handled by the system?

Last edited by gryllida; 2013-02-03 at 02:08.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gryllida For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gryllida View Post
Manually get .debs from meego forum link and dropbox? Could this be more centralised please (the app in Nokia Store and others in default repos) so that updates are handled by the system?
The dependencies debs are not of my own, but Javispedro's.

I cannot put a deb package on Nokia store which requires another package to work, it's in Nokia's developer guidelines. So I should put all inside a deb and publish it, as other few developers have done (and gained money). I have not got any permission to incorporate the radio fm library from Javispedro into my application, and since I consider myself an honest person I won't do it, so if you need a free and open source fm radio app for the N9 you got to download all the required debs. If Javispedro put the dependencies on a repository than I may push QMLRadio aswell so the deps are handled by system.

Don't worry about updates anyway, I have almost no will to keep developing for Maemo/Meego, so no updates should come for QMLRadio from me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
gionni88, is there any way to control volume with blank screen on maemo?

The Following User Says Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Yes is possible, but requires changing the code. Policy management has to be added since QRadioTuner class does not handle it by itself.
Hovewer, I'm busy right now and I cannot help you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post: